Wednesday, June 01, 2011

The oldest Moore speaks

Boy, how does one follow those first 2 entries. As the oldest Moore sibling, I sometimes felt like a guinea pig as mom and dad were learning their parenting as I was growing up. But I think they learned well and all 6 of us succeeded beyond all expectations (which were rather high).
I can remember when I left for college and there were only 7 people at the dinner table (yes we did all eat dinner together) that dad was pretty bummed for a while. I think he got over it and as we all left home he began to realize how nice and quiet it was.
When the grandchildren started coming and everyone would come home to visit, mom and dad would let them all have the house and they would come over to our house for the night. It was a little quieter there!
Now with the great grandchildren coming in droves this family has grown beyond all expectations and, as Desi said, shows marvelous faith and resolution.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Connie, I bet that is how mom and dad felt once we started leaving the house! It definitely is weird to see the numbers at the dinner table slowly dwindle, but now it is much more fun because there are more bodies around it!

Diz said...

I am the oldest in my family and I think my parents felt the same way. Funny to think of the Moore family as having too few people now, though! Great post, Connie!

Mike said...

As a fellow oldest of 6, ditto on everything posted. Well said, Connie.

Molly said...

As the youngest of 6, all I have to say is...SUCKERS!!! Being the youngest totally rocks, especially when everyone left the house and I had the run of the place. It was so nice not having to share the bathroom or worry about Joey eating my Lucky Charms. But, I absolutely LOVED it (and still completely do) when everyone was home and would gather around my favorite spot...the dinner table.

Jan said...

Great post, CJ! You guys are making this very hard to do! I just can't think of things to write about!! I will have to stretch my brain!
So if I post on my day it will be above yours, Connie. We had a rule about that and I hate to do it, but it is my day to post! Sorry!!!

Briana said...

I have to agree with Molly - being the youngest was awesome. Though it was filled with tears when my siblings left the house, I always cherished the times when they came back.

Briana said...

I have to agree with Molly - being the youngest was awesome. Though it was filled with tears when my siblings left the house, I always cherished the times when they came back.