Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The Newest Hampshire

Hey all. Just got home after a long day and had a text from Nate that I'd better not forget to do my blog post. Come on, hermano. Like I'd forget?

I think we've all sufficiently complimented each other and ourselves about what a great family we are, so I'll just give you a quick update about what's going on around here, then drop in a few random pictures for you to enjoy.

Diz and I have both been very busy, she with her new venture and me with our old trade. Heading to Los Angeles tomorrow for a couple of hearings, then back for a Friday night birthday dinner in Chicago with some friends. The next few weeks take me to St. Louis, New Orleans, maybe San Diego . . . All just prelude to The Brackett Creek Inn (tell me you've signed up!).

Last weekend, Diz and I headed down to South Bend for a ten year law school reunion. It was really fun, even though it was only my nine year reunion. I just had a bunch of buddies in the class ahead of me so we decided to join them for a weekend of barbeque, golf, some fishing, campfires, guitars, etc. I love Notre Dame in the summer. And really any time.

Ok, all. So far, I think the only guests we are expecting this summer are Rileigh and maybe Molly. You all need to get on the ball and plan a trip out here to hang out for a bit. You'd like Chicago in the summer, and we're in a pretty nice spot next to the lake and Wrigley. Come on out!

Finally, here are a bunch of random pictures, just because pictures make blog posts more fun. Here's Diz on the Chicago River a few summers ago.
Here's Sabina at the arboretum in Lincoln Park.
Here's us with the Philpot kids last summer.
And finally, here are a bunch of pics from when the girls and I were kids. Yes, that's a homemade go-cart (a.k.a. Death Buggy) that I used to fly on, brake-free, down the hills of Boulder.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Great pictures, Abe. I would love to come to Chicago sometime. Can't be this summer as every weekend is planned out until I start back to work. Next summer all of our energy is going in to planning our Ireland trip and going to watch ND kick Navy's butt in Dublin!

mary said...

Great photos! And, like Jan, most of the summer is planned to the last second. Besides, we spent our travel money on St. Louis this year. and it was well worth it!

Someday we will venture east in the fall and see a ND game, and youse guys of course!

Jen said...

Awesome pics Abe! And you are right, pics make it that much better! :) As much as I would love to come visit you this summer, I will be spending my summer months aboard a ship...so that kind of prevents me from visiting...but you guys definitely are on my bucket list :)

Hannah said...

Can I just comment that I don't know why you and I had the same haircut in the tree and stair pics being that I am a girl and you are boy... No wonder that sales lady asked, "Can I help you boys with something?" I will remember that one til my dying day!!

Briana said...

I love the pictures!
I hope that we get to see you and Dez this summer. Boulder? 4th of July? Come on.