Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A Note From New Jersey

Well Dez, Isaac and Connie have made it pretty difficult to follow up!  Gosh, a daily thought - there are so many rolling around in this head!  
After working in the high school these past four years, I have noticed that many of the words that Dez used to describe our family are just not as common in the everyday household.  The norm is to come from a three or four parent family; to have lots of stepbrothers or stepsisters; to bounce from place to place.  They come to us for a few weeks, months, a year and then back to the other parent.  My heart aches for these little lost lambs and makes me that much more thankful for my upbringing and the upbringing that we were able to give our children.   I am also thankful that I am in a place where we can have some impact on these kids and try to help them out.  It is easy to do this because I am secure in who I am thanks to my parents.  We have a beautiful extended family and I want to express how grateful I am for all of you!!!

3 comments:

mattandkelly said...

It's been four years already! WOW! Helena is such a great city, and we know that you do wonderful things with all of the kids (and adults) whose lives you touch. We can't wait to see you in EIGHT DAYS!!!

Connie said...

How true, Jan. We can't worry about posting on top of each other if we're going to do this every day. So far it's been good, so everyone keep it up.

Jen said...

Mom I couldn't agree with you more. That is something I thought about way back in high school. I have been so fortunate to be surrounded by such a supportive and loving family. I am thankful everyday for that! Enjoy your time with the FL Buyskes, wish I could be there with you all!