Thursday, June 16, 2011

Blog From the Bayou

The daily posts are going strong. This will be the 20th post in 18 days without the string being broken. Good job everyone! I just wanted to start out by giving Jim a shout out for his recent promotion with Delta. He is now the station manager in Boise, ID. This is a well deserved promotion for a hard working guy. Way to go Jim!!

Hope everyone's summer is off to a good start. School here has been out for about a week and a half now, and I am enjoying the mornings to get caught up on things before I go to my PM job at the physical therapy clinic. Tom and I just got back from visiting Shannon and Birch in Spearfish. We hung around there for a couple days and did some fun things before visiting my sister Sheila in Rapid City. The drive to Spearfish was a pretty one with everything so green after all the rain that we've had.

Last June I started taking guitar lessons. I've always wanted to play the guitar, so I thought I'd give it a try. Things have been going well with it, and I have been making progress. My teacher is an 80 year old lady who owns a guitar store here in Billings. She has a good sense of humor, so we get along quite well.(Except when she jabs me with her pencil when I hit a wrong note. I have a few permanent lead marks). For Christmas, Tom surprised me with a pretty red guitar. Click below to see a short example of what I've learned so far.

Blessings to all,
Jeanine

10 comments:

Hannah said...

Perty darn impressive. I wish I could play the guitar! You wouldn't think it would be that different from playing the cello that I did for six years but I don't even think I would know what to do with that anymore. Anyhoo, that was good. Way to go!!

meg and ry said...

Great video Jeanine! You and Joey should have a duel ;) Would LOVE to see that! I always admire your humor and can picture you as an 80 year old woman jabbing someone with a pencil! LOVE LOVE LOVE it

Desiree said...

Love the video! Thanks for sharing that!

- Desiree

Abe said...

Hilarious. Well done, Nate.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jeanine. I admire someone that goes after what they want later in life. It makes things last much longer.
Connie

Shmoore said...

Way cool Jeanine. Look forward to hearing you jam with the other family musicians at the family picnic.
Thanks for the job promotion congratulations.
Jim

Johnny Piano said...

That's cool that you're learning guitar, Jeanine. And Nate did a nice job of showcasing your skill. (We won't tell Mason Williams.) Keep at it!

mary said...

Way cool, Jeanine! I might have to take lessons sometime. Perhaps when Maddie graduates or something!

And: CONGRATULATIONS JIMMY! HOW AWESOME FOR YOU!!

Jan said...

Jeanine, such talent! That is amazing! That is pretty darn cool that you took this up. I want to take piano again and keep thinking I will get to it soon. Maybe I should look into it a little more!! Great post!

Jen said...

Way to go Jeanine!! Your story of being jabbed with a pencil reminds me of getting hit with a ruler during piano when I hit a wrong note. Man, old teachers can be tough! Glad to hear things are going well with the family!