Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Briana


Ha! It's true she had to text me to remind me it was her birthday but I redeeming myself in being the one to post her official B-day blog alert. (Nate's doesn't count because it wasn't in the heading.) I am posting a favorite picture I took of Bri with Peter when I was in Portland. It is such a playful picture and they are just so darned cute together. A favorite memory: when we both lived in California we had a pool in our backyard. So swanky. :) And we would spend hours choreographing swim/dance routines to Salt and Peppa and the like. HOURS, I tell you! And it was such great fun. Love ya, girl!

4 comments:

Johnny Piano said...

I have many favorite memories of Briana. Here's one. A few years ago, she and I were visiting Abe in Chicago. We had plans for an ND game. Number one, it was the first football game Bri ever attended (and probably still the only). Number two, as we were making plans Friday night for meeting people and tailgating before the game, Bri said, "Wait a minute. Am I to understand that I'm expected to drink beer before noon?" And she did! That same weekend, she and I both won a pair of tickets to see the Sunday matinee performance of Wicked. Great seats, too, right by the orchestra pit.

Jan said...

Happy belated, Bri! You are just such a beauty! Let's see . . . . . . what is a favorite memory of Bri! I actually think it was last summer with Sabina on the Gates of the Mountains boat trip. You were a class act in that you didn't beat your child for crying and carrying on. You and Peter are such a perfect couple!!

Abe said...

HBD, BRB! One of my favorite memories with Bri was when Des and I spend Easter out in Portland. Des and I had just been to a restaurant that served ravioli that each had a single poached quail egg inside. It was delicious so we all decided to try to make them. Peter and I drove all over Portland looking for quail eggs and finally found them in a grungy Chinese grocery. But we just couldn't get it to work. Either the eggs would be raw and the ravioli uncooked or the eggs would be way overcooked (and the ravioli would still be raw). But we had fun trying different things and laughing. From now on, every time I eat an awful raw quail egg, I will think about my Easter with Bri.

Jen said...

Happy birthday cuz! You are an amazing individual. so successful and such an awesome mother and wife and cousin! Love you tons and cannot wait to see you!