Monday, June 27, 2011

Ann's First Post

I'm a day late - so apologies may be in order! I was to have posted on Sunday, Molly's birthday (happy birthday, Moll!) but ended up tandem skydiving instead. Woo hoo! Catherine McDonough is the ND student living with us this summer. Given all the MT options, she was most excited about skydiving - so we headed to Ronan early Sunday morning.

Catherine jumped first - it was a belly landing, but she loved every second of it. She's waiting for video to come in. Once she called her mom in Chicago, I could drop all responsibility and head off into the clouds. It was glorious! We flew over the Mission Mountains a bit before turning back toward the Ronan Airport. Clouds were rolling in - the pilot, Monte, and jumpmaster, Gary, were working hard to find the right hole. We got out and the 30 seconds of freefall started off through clouds - so amazing. I love freefall! Loud, windy and truly alive. We did a quick connect with Mike, a jumper who came up with us for the fun of it, and then the ripcord was pulled. After the pull of the chute, all seemed so still compared to the noise of freefall. We circled and played as much as we could. Then the landing - not graceful, but relatively decent. Is that a good excuse for not posting yesterday? I sure hope so! We stopped by the Well's household on our way back - Happy Birthday Bridger! It as fun to see everyone, even though it was a terribly short stop. What a great crew!

I haven't much news on Texas, my family state. I do have news that I'm working to get Food Share up on Facebook. We need your help! Vote for Helena Food Share on Sunday, July 24th to help us win a new Toyota from Toyota's 100 Cars for Good. I'll try to connect with you all at some point. I'm not very techie - so it's an interesting challenge to make this all work.

I've been in a racewalking clinic, worked too many hours, bought a new mountain bike, got a flat on my road bike, and am heading to Glacier with Catherine for the weekend. It's her only chance to see Glacier during her 8 weeks here - and I love that park. A good excuse but I'll miss seeing the Wells Clan in Helena - darn! Going to the Sun road isn't through, we only have reservations for Friday night - ah, the adventure of it all!

Other fun lately has been a racewalking clinic, the local famers market, and hiking about in the Helena area. That's it for my first post. I'll work on photos another day. Enjoy, all!


6 comments:

mary said...

skydiving! How exciting. I really wanted to do that when I was younger. But never had the chance. Now the thought makes me a bit shakey!
Congrats on that first jump and are you gonna do it again?

mary said...

skydiving! How exciting. I really wanted to do that when I was younger. But never had the chance. Now the thought makes me a bit shakey!
Congrats on that first jump and are you gonna do it again?

Molly said...

Glad you enjoyed your dive! Can't wait til I can go. And congrats on your first post. You're a rockstar!!

Jen said...

Look who is the risk taker!! You are amazing Ann..and your energy is contagious! cannot wait to see you soon!

Hannah said...

You are amazing!! Thought that has never been in question. I could never do it but am thoroughly impressed that you did.

Briana said...

Super Jelly! Wish I could have been there. I love sky diving soo much...but not as much as I love you Ms. Waickman!