Friday, June 03, 2011

Connecticut Connection

It's Friday morning, and I'm sitting in Casper, WY trying to come up with my post for the day. I'm the first state without a backup blogger. This also means I'll get to welcome the next member of the family to the great state of Connecticut. Maybe the newest addition to the Matt Buyske clan will be able to post for the Constitution State the next time around.

Most of the previous blogs have extolled the virtues of this great family. I'll second everything that has been said and back it up with an example. On Mother's Day weekend we had a great time in Chicago with Abe and Dez acting as the perfect hosts. Jeanine, Nate, and I flew in from Billings about noon on Thursday. Shannon and Birch got in from Rapid City later in the afternoon. Nate's girlfriend Ashley came from Kansas and got there about the same time as Shannon and Birch. We all took the train into the city and the fun began. I had some free nights coming from Hilton, so Jeanine and I got a room downtown. Everyone else stayed at Abe and Dez's.

On Thursday night we met up with Abe for some Chicago style pizza and visiting. We spent Friday doing some downtown tourist stuff. A river tour, Millennium Park, and a drink at the top of Hancock Tower kept us busy for most of the day. On Saturday Abe got his firm's suite at Wrigley Field, and we were treated like royalty. It doesn't get much better than an afternoon game at Wrigley. It turned out to be a great game with the Cubs winning on a walk off single in the ninth inning. A great Italian dinner finished off a super day. Finally on Sunday, we all met at the Lincoln Park Zoo. It's a very nice zoo in a wonderful neighborhood. After the zoo we went to lunch then took the bus and train back to the airport.

Besides letting you know about our trip and thanking Abe and Dez, I also wanted to relay that the time we are able to spend with family
always turn out to be the funnest, most memorable times of our lives. We have a great opportunity to make more memories this summer at the family picnic. I hope everyone makes a sincere effort to be there. If we start taking these family get-togethers for granted, I'm afraid they'll go by the wayside. Let's not let that happen.

Love you all,
Tom

7 comments:

mattandkelly said...

What a fun trip! Sounds like you had a great time surrounded by wonderful family.

We are excited to see what kind of partner in crime you'll have in the great state of Connecticut, Tom!

Nick said...

I can attest to Abe and Dez's perfection of Chicagoan Hospitality. great post, Connecticut

Abe said...

There is nothing that we love more than having family come to visit, and we had an awesome time with the Moore family out here. We can't wait for the family picnic. It takes a bit of effort to get there, but it's always worth it. This year, I'm stopping on my way back from Alaska so I should have a little bit of salmon or halibut for anyone who wants it! Yes, I'm now bribing you with fish to attend the family picnic.

Jan said...

Great post Tommy. I almost have Marc convinced to visit Chicago. We would love to come and see your beautiful city, Abe and Dez! We will be at the picnic with our two ankle bitters and bells on!!

Johnny Piano said...

Tom and fam -- glad you got to enjoy Chicago, once again. Sounds like you had a great time. And I agree that Abe and Dez are wonderful hosts. Such fun with family!

mary said...

I will be at the picnic if only to get some of that fish!!!
Oh and to see y'all!

Can't wait!

Mary

Jen said...

Abe and Dez are definitely two people I want to visit because it never fails that anyone that goes to see them has an awesome time. Of course, that is true of anyone in our family. I always do enjoy it when we can all get together, and I am bummed that I will be missing the family picnic this year. I will be thinking of everyone and looking forward to when I can attend again!