Monday, June 13, 2011

Kentucky - A Bluegrass Blog

Hello all you Moore family descendants. Believe it or not, this is my very first Moore Family Blog response. Quite interesting when you consider I seem to comment (even when not asked to) all the time during face to face conversations. I truly have enjoyed reading all the updates and family narratives over the years.
Kentucky is known for its thoroughbred horses, horse racing, bourbon distilleries, bluegrass music, tobacco, and college basketball. Thinking about what makes Kentucky great is very similar to what separates the Moore clan and the Wingerter family from all others. As all the family members grow and mature, we seem to be like thoroughbreds - born and raised to be the best. And let's not get started on the competitiveness this family possesses. We never lose at anything we set out to accomplish - however we sometimes change our goals along the way. There are numerous distilleries and breweries not only in Kentucky, but all over this great country, our families have kept in business. And music - well that just goes without saying. I wish you all could hear me sing after a few of those breweries have made a gross profit from me. Amarillo By Morning has never sounded better. Tobacco reminds me of how smokin' hot this family is, even when some of us have rolled our own in the past. College basketball brings to mind the team work needed to win a championship while individual improvement is a must on order to propel the team to a higher successes. The Moore family has certainly proved the success of team concept with the individual accomplishments.
Please allow me for a moment to say how happy I have been to be a member of this family for the past 31 years. I could not have asked for a better group to laugh with, to cry with, to share my love with, and to pray with. Thank you all for the blessing you have been in my life.
And to my own family, you have made me a very proud father. I puff up my chest and let everyone know how successful you all are in your lives; a mother-wife-nurse, a physical therapist assistant, a doctor, a teacher and soldier, a high school senior more mature than many of the adults I know (including me), and a most beautiful eight grade daughter. The achievements you have all made not just in academics or occupations but to the contributions you have made to all those lives you touch makes me burst with love. And all this started by a couple of kids God brought together. Thank you Mary - I love you.
May God bless this great country we live in, may you all remember your roots wherever life takes you, and may this family continue its greatness.

Jim Wingerter

9 comments:

mary said...

Very Cool! And I love you too~

Hannah said...

Jim, this post proves that you need to now start posting more often. Loved it!

Diz said...

Awesome post, Jim.

- Desiree

Connie said...

Awesome post, Jim. I agree with Hannah that you need to post more often. You do have an awesome family and you joined an awesome family. Keep up the good work.

Jen said...

Jim this was a great post! I think we need more contributions from you :) I am proud to be a part of this wonderful, and growing, family. Love to all!

Molly said...

Wow...who knew you could be so deep, Dinger? ;) You are a WONDERFUL asset to this family and I always, always love hanging out with you. I love your sense of humor, your laugh, and your outlook on life. Plus you make me feel really funny.

Briana said...

I love this - sweet, funny, and well researched for your state, way to represent! You are such a great human being...glad you are part of our family.

Jan said...

Wow! I am blown away Mr. Jim!! There is quite a bit of thought that went into this post! It was very creative! You are very talented. It must be having close relatives that went to U of M that rubbed off and made this possible!
It is always fun to get together with you and rib you! You have such a great sense of humor and you are someone that can laugh at anything! We have been blessed to have you as part of the family!

meg and ry said...

That was an amazing post Jim! Loved all of it! I ditto the comments that you should post more often. Thanks!