Saturday, June 04, 2011

Massachusetts by Mary

My turn!
It's always hard to wait your turn, but as number 5 I have learned how to wait. When I was teaching 4 and 5 year olds, my mantras were you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, and you have to take turns!
So you get what you get...we have been truly blessed in what this life has given us. We have great families...lots of parental support, great siblings, awesome children and fantastic nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephews, grandkids etc. My gosh! What amazing families!
You have to take turns...that reminds me of playing games. When we were at Lake of the Ozarks with MB's family, her uncle said...I have never seen a family as into game playing as Liz (MaryBeth's aunt) until I met your family. You guys are crazy! After watching Mom play cribbage with Nick when she joins us for dinner on Sundays, I understand where I get that competitive edge. But how fun it is!
All in all, life is good. No, I take that back. Life is great! We live in the most beautiful place in the world (even if there is A LOT of water around here) with the bestest people around. We are sitting by the fire, on a great Montana evening, with a gooney dog named Angus panting in our faces. What a great way to spend the night! Massachusetts ain't got nothing on Montana~
Lov'all and see you in August if not sooner!
Mary

2 comments:

Abe said...

Sounds like heaven to me, Mary. Even if it's a flooded one.

Jan said...

There absolutely could not have been a better place to be last weekend than here in Montana! BUT, I am ready to ask that the rain stop. We are ready to float away here in Helena as I am sure most of the other Montanans will attest to. Good to see you last weekend, Mary!