Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The world according to Isaac

My favorite food has to be ketchup. When Mom lets me, I eat it all by itself. So, I thought there would be no better subject for my inaugural blog posting than an ode to the best substance in the world...ketchup!

After doing a quick search on wikipedia, I learned that ketchup originated in the late 1600's in China, but the traditional tomato-based type did not appear until the 1800's. Tomato ketchup is considered a pseudoplastic which is why is is difficult to pour from a glass bottle. This is because the viscosity decreases with increasing sheer force which is why you have to provide sheer (such as hitting the Heinz bottle right at the #57) to get it to come out - the faster sheer is applied, the more fluid-like the ketchup becomes.

Hopefully you all learned a bit more about my favorite subject. I'm sure those of you who will be present at the family picnic this summer will see me covered in the stuff from head to toe!



9 comments:

mattandkelly said...

Isaac, you funny boy! Hope we get to see you when we are in MT this June. Little secret - I used to use fries solely as a vehicle to get ketchup into my mouth. Loved the stuff, just like you.

-kpb

Jan said...

Isaac - look at you! Your post is cute, informative and so true! Good job! We look forward to seeing you at the picnic so we can witness the catsup bath first hand!

Molly said...

I, too, am a closet ketchup lover. In elementary school I used to tell kids that I had a disease and the doctor required me to eat ketchup with everything! I think they believed it... Funny thing, I HATE tomatoes, unless Grandma puts them in a salad. And then I don't want to make her feel bad, so I eat them.

Johnny Piano said...

Isaac, I think you might have pre-empted Bridger's topic for a post. Now he'll have to write about paint ball or video games or such. See you soon, I hope.

Nateusmoore said...

I thought toast (chips) were his favorite thing after watching him eat last night!

Nick said...

Yeah right Isaac. You just want us to think that you like ketchup so you can eat our brains. (He's really a zombie baby and, when prompted, he will happily run around yelling "Brains!". Having a nephew is fun!)

Diz said...

Great post, Isaac! Thanks for the ketchup lesson!

- D & A

Jen said...

Although ketchup is not my favorite condiment, it was still a very informative post. Isaac, you are getting smart in your young age!

mary said...

Awesome big guy!
Love ya tons!