Friday, December 04, 2015

The challenge

So Tom issued the challenge to everyone to post a memory about mom/grandma.
In 68 years I have amassed thousands of them. I've been told that I look like mom and our personalities are a lot alike. I think that's why she and I would argue, fuss, and fight when I was growing up. When I reached the "the age of maturity" I realized that most of the time she knew what she was talking about and she became one of my best friends. I will miss our daily talks and visits.
Jan, you are up next.

2 comments:

Kathleen Cosgriffe Mohn said...

Lots of memories of Jeanne, considering that we lived so far apart. Remember being in a car with her riding with mom and dad. Not sure where or when, but she was talking about how much she missed having Johnny as a companion and her closest friend. What a solid couple they were.

And Connie, you and I have to remember that first house in Harlo where we weren't allowed to play on the beds. I was terrified of breaking Jeanne's rules, and it was easy to do since my parents weren't nearly as neat!
I told Jan that our family called her "Jana" then, and she doesn't know where we got that.
Love and good memories to the John Moores,
Kathleen

Johnny Piano said...

I've waited a while to comment, Connie. Yes, you are a lot like Mom, but also your own wonderful self, no more or less than she. As I've said many times, I'm so grateful for all you did for her while walking your own difficult path. Thank you so, and love you so.