Sunday, December 20, 2015

Jeanne

I was blessed with a truly wonderful mother-in-law. Jeanne made it easy to be her daughter-in-law. She would never interfere with what was going on in your life. She only gave advise when you asked, and she only wanted to be helpful and give you the best direction. But if you needed anything she was there for you with open arms, and we needed her many times!

When Shannon was born, Jeanne came to Rapid City to help out. While we were looking forward to her visiting with us and just hanging out, she had other ideas. She cooked, baked, did laundry, and cleaned the house. She even got on her hands and knees to clean the floors! She wanted to be useful, and I really appreciated all her help and what she did for us.

I enjoyed Jeanne's visits to Billings and always looked forward to them. When she ran the gift shops, she would come to Billings for market. She was kind enough to let me tag along with her. We would have so much fun looking at all the merchandise, and it was fun to how she chose what she chose. She had developed many great relationships with the vendors, and you could see how much they enjoyed dealing with her.

Jeanne's faith was truly beautiful. I learned so much from her and her faith journey. She inspired me and made me reflect on my relationship with God. I am so grateful for that.

Jeanne was good to me, I loved having her in my life, and I am going to miss her.

Jeanine

3 comments:

Mary said...

Thank you Jeanine. This is so awesome and such great memories of Mom.

Jan said...

Jeanine! That is really special! She thought you were terrific and so good for Tommy!!

Nateusmoore said...

I'll always remember her coming for the markets. We always thought it was so cool
having grandma in town.