Wednesday, December 30, 2015




Jeanne had common sense and uncommon love – an unusual combination. On those occasions when I was able to spend one-on-one time with her, I felt fully myself and fully accepted.

A few years ago, we spent a few hours together at her condo.  It was such a joy to be with her in both conversation and in silences. Jeanne was a very thought-full person.  I had not realized how considered many of her comments were until that day. 

As so many have said, Jeanne exemplified a compassionate life.  Her openness, generosity, and acceptance of the frailties of my humanness was an immense gift.  I feel privileged to have been accepted so fully into her family through her open heart and constant willingness to learn about new people, new loves.


I am grateful to have known and loved her.

With love to all,

Ann

3 comments:

Mary said...

very nicely said Ann~

Johnny Piano said...

Ann, my love, I really appreciate your perceptive tribute. You captured in a few words what all of us know: Mom was perceptive, thoughtful, and loving. Thank you.

Jan said...

Very cool, Annie!