Friday, December 18, 2015

What a lady.

Remembering Grandma is such a gift.  I feel like I will always have this really special, beautiful human to reflect on to help shape my own life.

There are so many things I love about Grandma, but her huge loving heart and her ability to say pretty much anything, and still be pulling you closer, not pushing you away are unique qualities that I will always cherish.

As many others have mentioned, the way she was always waiting when we got to her house, by the back door, with big open arms and a kiss on the cheek.  It's rare to have felt so welcomed in all my life.  In fact, I've used her way of welcoming, really truly caring that you are at her house, as a significant story when teaching my staff how to be with our clients.  Of course, we can never quite get to that level, but we can always try.

Her ability to say anything, while creating a closer relationship, not distance, is something that is so inspiring.  She spoke her truth, so you knew what she meant.  But it was always with love and tenderness.  Being able to be a strong brilliant woman with a soft, open heart, is what I want for myself and my daughters, and I'm forever grateful to have her a shining example of how to do this.

I'm also incredibly inspired by her faith.  It's hard to say if what has shifted in my own faith since her passing is because of reflecting upon her life, or because she left something special in my heart.  But I can say that though we take very different routes to god, I feel her love of god every day.


2 comments:

Shmoore said...

Nice story Bri and great picture

Johnny Piano said...

Thanks, Briana, for such personal tribute. Love you.