Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Mikayla's Post

The life of an eleven and a half year old. Let's see, I am taking tennis lessons and swimming lessons. Next year I get to certify for lifeguard training which will be fun. I am trying to get CPR certified for babysitting. In the meantime, I am getting TONS of babysitting experience with my siblings, not all of it pleasant. We have season passes to Seven Peaks Water Park this summer and I love the slides and wave pool! I am also reading a book called, "The Kaleidoscope Season" which was written by my Grampa's second cousin-ish. It is really good and kinda' cool that a relative wrote it. Life is busy, even in the summer. Hope everyone is well.
Mikayla

6 comments:

mary said...

Very cool! Sounds like a terrific way to spend a summer. Madison loves to babysit...great way to make some spending cash for sure, especially when it isn't your siblings.

Molly said...

You are just growing into a BEAUTIFUL young woman. You get it from your mama. Sounds like a great summer! Enjoy it!

Briana said...

Sounds like a lovely summer, though I'm surprised not to be hearing all that much about the "farm summer" that I thought you were experiencing :)
You are a daily subject in our family - Sabina always wants to hear about Mikayla. We all love you so.
B

Jen said...

Great pic! Glad to hear you are keeping busy this summer. I loved babysitting, and I was a lifeguard all through high school and college, it is such an awesome job! Hope it all works out for you.

meg and ry said...

Beautiful pic Mikayla! You are quite the young woman. Gosh - lifeguarding and babysitting -you seem too young to be doing all that! But I guess you aren't! Hope you are enjoying your summer regardless of your Mom's archaic rules ;)

Abe said...

Hey Mikayla - sounds like you are enjoying your summer despite the totalitarianism of Hannah's Farm Summer. That sounds like a horror movie: Farm Summer, you may enter the farm, but you NEVER LEAVE! Hope to see you all soon - maybe we'll take another Fall trip to Utah!