Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy 18th Birthday Sammy!

Only a day late...sorry! We are just beginning our big district tournament for Sam's team today and it reminded me of the day he was born...18 years ago...during Ben's 11th year All-Stars tournament. Seems like Sam's birthdays have all revolved around baseball! Good thing he likes it so much! I think that was the summer that Abe was living with Jimmy in GF. He was one of the first extended family members to hold baby Sam. Lucky guy! Happy birthday Sammy boy! We love you tons and wish you all the best in this Senior year of high school and your 18th year!






Here are some random photos of Sam throughout the year.



Last summer at the state tourney.All "jungled" out for MORP...




Sam being his very cool self!
And on his birthday looking at a scrapbook of baseball that Maddie made for him! Very cool~




Happy day bud!!
Love ya~


Mom and Dad
































9 comments:

Molly said...

HAPPY 18th Sam!!! I hope you enjoyed your day. You're an adult, now, but that doesn't mean you still can't act like a kid! I do!! Now you can gamble and win your tuition for college! Love ya buddy. Good luck with the tournament!

Abe said...

Happy Birthday, buddy. I remember the day you were born very well. I was 19 and living with Jimmy for the summer and working at Delta. Ben hit a home run the day you were born and we thought your nickname should therefore be "Homer" on a going forward basis. I guess it didn't stick. One of the things that never ceases to amaze me is the process by which that little baby I held the day he was born turns into a full grown man. You're s stud and I can't wait to hang out at the picnic.

mattandkelly said...

Happy belated, Sam! Hope the summer is tons of fun and that senior year is FANTASTIC!

Love,
The FL Buyskes

Johnny Piano said...

Happy birthday, Sam! Eighteen is cool -- a time when you hold the world in the palm of your hand. Make it a good world, for yourself and others.

Miranda said...

One of my favorite things about you in your uniqueness: your love of classic rock, your compassion, and your sense of self. I'm glad I've gotten to spend more time with you the last few years! Love you!!!

Jan said...

Happy belated, Sam! Hope that you did enjoy it! Good luck with the tournament. One thing that is very cool about you is that you don't mind hanging out with old people and helping out! I think of Christmas and how you helped me make the dip. You are one in a million buddy!!

Hannah said...

Wow! 18. That is a great age to be. Make sure you vote!! Happy Day.

meg and ry said...

Happy (belated) birthday Sammy!!! I had it on the calendar so I could remember to comment on your blog post....and then there wasn't one. And now I'm late!
Senior year and 18 are two great years! They only happen once so enjoy them. After 18, the next cool birthday is 21 and then nothing until 25 when you ca rent a car without extra fees.

:)
Happy Birthday from the Schultes!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Sammy boy!!! I have been trying to follow the baseball through online paper reading and Maddie's facebook updates :) You guys are having a great season! Good luck with the tourney! Happy Birthday again cousin!