Friday, July 15, 2011

From the GREAT STATE of MONTANA!!!


Will Graduates from Preschool

I seriously don't know how I did it, but I hit the jackpot when it comes to marrying into a family! Moores, whatever it is, you've got it, and I love being a part of it! And then, to top it off, when the state assignments come out, I'm Montana?! God is too good! ;)

You all know how amazing Montana is, but this native Iowan is floored each and every time we drive through the Big Sky State. The first time I saw a mountain range, I was probably 13 years old, on a family vacation to Colorado (doesn't hold a candle to MT - gotta be true to my state). I saw something on the horizon that I was sure was probably an oncoming storm front - just big darkish clouds off in the distance. Took some convincing and just a few more miles before I actually believed that I was looking at the Rocky Mountains. INCREDIBLE what a little topography can do for a landscape. Not that I don't appreciate a nice, peaceful, rolling prairie, Iowa, I'm just sayin'...

We were fortunate enough to enjoy a few weeks in Montana this summer, and are now back in Florida awaiting the arrival of Baby Buyske #4. All is going quite well, and I am SO grateful for the help of Jan and my mom who have been here helping run the Buyske Boy Herd for the past several weeks. We will really miss being at the Moore Family Picnic, but plan on making it next year for sure (Are those summer wedding bells in Billings coinciding with M.F.P. 2012?).

Other upcoming change: We will be moving to Dallas in November and Matt will be working on Super Secret Squirrel stuff in an office that I don't have the clearance to enter, working on projects that he can't tell me about... Should be a fun conversation when he gets home from work:
"Hey hun, what did you do at work today?"
"Oh, you know, the same ol' same ol'."
"Oh that's nice."
Moving is always exciting, and we are looking forward to getting to know a new corner of the world.

Hope you are having a fabulous Friday. Blessings to one and all.

Much love,
Kelly



10 comments:

Jan said...

This family hit the jackpot when we got the sweetest girl in the world to marry our son! One can't help but appreciate this state and it's beauty that is for sure! Hope you are feeling good and that things are progressing along. We love you!

Jen said...

MISS YOU KELLY!! You are one amazing mother, wife and sister-in-law....I feel so blessed to have you in our family! I am working with a P-3 NFO right now who is actually trying to get to Dallas...he said it is a much sought after billet, so Matt must be doing a pretty stand up job! So excited to see #4! Can't wait until I can see you guys as well :)

Abe said...

Great post, Montana. We're all very grateful to have you in the family and anxiously awaiting #4.

The next time Matt attends a family picnic we will make him tell us (1) who killed Kennedy; and (2) what happened at Area 41. I'm sure there's nothing a good Indian burn can't get out of him.

Hannah said...

You are a trooper to be doing so much while expecting number FOUR!! That last one did me in, girl. I am impressed you are able to manage an army of boys, travel, and grow a baby all at the same time. Can't wait to see the update on another wonderful newborn!!

Joey said...

I think you meant Area '51' Abe, but maybe you know something the rest of us don't...

Abe said...

Joey, yeah Area 41 is even MORE mysterious. Nobody has ever even heard of it.

Mike said...

think i'm in area 41 now. everyone is 4' tall, drives on the wrong side of the road and the steering wheels are all on the right side of the car.

Johnny Piano said...

Thanks for posting, Kelly. Sorry we missed you in Montana, but we did get to see Matt and the boys. Glad things are going better with baking #4. You're an amazing member of the family. It's great you get to be Montana!

Nateusmoore said...

Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa.

meg and ry said...

i LOVE LOVE that you are Montana! So fitting! you are an amazing person who makes motherhood, sisterhood, and wifehood even more amazing. I can't wait to meet this new baby! I'm really pulling for a little trip to Texas.. keep fingers crossed!
love you