Monday, January 04, 2016

Remembering Grandma Jeanne

I have to admit, when I was younger I was a bit intimidated by Grandma Jeanne. She, to me, was always a very strong figure, the matriarch of our family, a woman who wasn't necessarily loud but definitely powerful. I think we'll all miss the memories we had together in her old house. I remember her as clever, witty, sometimes sassy, always full of love. Remembering her smile makes my heart warm. I loved seeing the pictures my mom took of Grandma Jeanne's photo albums when she went to visit her and hearing the stories behind the pictures (or what little detail Grandma was willing to reveal in some cases). I wish I had more time to talk to her and hear more stories, but I feel grateful to have had the time that I did with her in my life. I hope I can live up to my middle name and be as strong and honest as she was. I love you all and I hope your holidays have been full of family and smiles ❤️Rileigh

2 comments:

Johnny Piano said...

Ah, the first post by a great-grandchild! Thanks, Rileigh – I loved reading this.

Jan said...

Great job, Rileigh! Nice to get the perspective of a great grandchild!