Friday, January 08, 2016

Memories from Jerry

So there are two memories of grandma that stick out to me the most.
First, she came and stayed with us once back when we lived in married student housing. We had her sleep in our bed and we slept out in the front room. It was a great setup but the next day, she seemed actually upset that she had taken our bed. When Hannah protested that it was really fine, she said, “Oh, Bullsh**, if I come stay again, you will sleep in your own bed”.
Second, after Abe’s wedding we were driving her back to the hotel and the surroundings got her to reminiscing about when she was first married and her husband was in the military. She talked about her memories of him and his war stories and it was clear to see what great memories they were for her. She really lit up talking about him and that time for them and it was a great experience.
Grama Moore has always been an inspiration to me and my family. I admired her spiritual strength and sense of family and her example has been something I have tried to emulate.

Jerry

3 comments:

Johnny Piano said...

Thanks, Jerry. Those are two stories I hadn't heard before. The wartime stint for Gramma and my dad were in Chico, California, before he was posted to the Aleutians. Chico is quite a ways from San Diego, but I like that the experience invoked some memories in her.

Okay, let's keep going on this string. Mikayla is next.

Anonymous said...

Great stories, Jerry! I had never heard either of those. She sure was a great lady.

Love,
Molly

Jan said...

I know that you weren't around Mom much, Jerry, but it is neat that the times you spent with her left an impact on you! She had a way of doing that! It was so good to see you in Great Falls! We miss you at these gatherings!