Friday, January 22, 2016

Memories from Will

Even though I met Grandma a few times, there is just a little I remember about her and her house.  Like most of her great-grandchildren, a very clear memory of Grandma’s house is the toy basket. Maddie used to play with me and I would drive a little Jeep around the house while she chased me. I will probably always remember Grandma’s smile and chuckle as we went past her. When I was eight we visited Grandma at her condo. My brothers and I wrestled around in the grass next to the house while Grandma chatted with Mom. I would usually ask my brothers what their favorite part at Grandma’s was, and they would almost always answer, ”The toy bin!”

At Grandma’s funeral I wished that I had met Grandma more before she passed away. She was such a kind-hearted, gentle lady, and I’m glad that I met Grandma while I could. God bless you all, and I especially pray for the health of Joey and Erin’s second baby.

Love and blessings,

     William Buyske

4 comments:

Jan said...

Will, These are sweet remembrances of your great-grandma. I am so glad that you got the chance to meet her and hang out even for just a little while! Thank you for sharing! Love you! Gramma

Erin said...

Will, you are so kind to mention prayers for our second baby! I loved reading your memories, and most of all I am thoroughly impressed with your writing skills! What a talented kid you are! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful memories, Will! You are so articulate. Love ya buddy!

Love,
Aunt Molly

Mary said...

Great job Will! Thank you for sharing your memories~