Saturday, July 06, 2013

Update from SD

Hello wonderful family!  I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July and saw some sweet fireworks!  My 4th was pretty anticlimactic as it was my holiday to work, but I suppose there is always next year. 

I just thought I would give you all a quick update from out here in South Dakota.  As you all know Birch and I have lived in Spearfish for a while, but come August we will be making a short move over to Sheridan, WY!  We are very excited about the move but sad to leave our cute little town.  We decided we were ready for a change (I have lived here nearly 3 years and Birch 7) and jumped at the chance to move.  Birch took a new job teaching 5th grade at Highland Park Elementary.  Over 144 people applied for this position, only 6 got interviews, and Birch got the job!  Needless to say, I am pretty proud of him.  I’m not sure what I will be doing there at this point, but I will figure it out!

So far our summer has consisted of driving to Sheridan on my days off and looking at houses and exploring town!  It is a touch bigger than Spearfish, has a great hospital, and it is BEAUTIFUL!  The Big Horn Mountains are just right outside town and we are very excited about have lots of outdoor things to do.  Hopefully, we can squeeze some camping in before our summer is over.  We are very excited to be little closer to home so we don’t miss out on family events and such.  Otherwise, we don’t have any other news to report.   Here are a few pictures from our honeymoon last year in Mexico.  We are heading there again with some friends on Tuesday to have some fun and celebrate our first anniversary!  Hope everyone is well.  So excited for August!

Deep sea fishing in Maroma.
          
Swimming with dolphins in Playa del Carmen.

Lunch in Cozumel after snorkeling.

8 comments:

mattandkelly said...

Great honeymoon pics! And how fun to go back to Mexico for your anniversary with friends. Congrats on landing the job in WY, Birch! All the best and many blessings to you both on your upcoming move.

Love,
The TX Buyskes


meg and ry said...

Have a great time in Mexico for your anniversary!

And Sheridan is a GREAT town! I have a friend who grew up there and we would go there often when I lived in Ashland. They have a kitchen store that is AH-MAZING! Seriously - better to enter without money so temptation doesn't overtake your senses.

Johnny Piano said...

Congrats on the new adventure! I'm sure you'll land something great, Shannon. Happy that Birch snagged a sweet job.

mary said...

Congrats on the move! That sounds like a fun new adventure...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Excited to see you in August! Congrats on the move. I've been through Sheridan a lot and it seems like a nice town. Beautiful views, too. Good luck with the move! And great pics!! I'm jealous you are going back. Have fun! Lovey you!

Molly

Jan said...

Congratulations to you Birch on the new job. We love Sheridan as we have been through there quite often over the years. Great pictures of a fantastic adventure and how fun to get to repeat it!! Hope to see you in August!

Hannah said...

Ok, first, what an adorable couple you are! Second, how amazing is your husband with the big job? (I didn't even know he was a teacher because I am lame- but I instantly love him because of it- most prestigious job in the world!) And third, what a sweet life for the two of you! So glad you are living it up!!

Jen said...

Awesome news both about the job and the move! Moving is never easy, but it always presents new adventures that will just add to the flavor of life! I hope you have a great time in Mexico celebrating your first anniversary, and I am excited to see you guys in August.