Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Union League Hall

Hey, sibs & cuzzes & niecephews -- I read an interesting article recently about the Union League of America Hall. It was built in Diamond City, now sits in White Sulphur Springs. It's in need of restoration, and I'm game to help raise some money.

Here's the rough sketch: I'd like to organize some WSS folks and some Montana Moores to put together an event to raise funds. I'm willing to take the lead on the groundwork if I can get some pledges of energy from all you fine relatives.

Post your comments, folks, and let's see if we have some interest among the Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy. (Read the article to grasp the irony.) Johnny

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Ok, can I just say what a phenomenal person my dad is! I never would have read that article and thought, "Hmmm, maybe I can donate some money, wait no, even better, why don't I organize an entire fundraiser to help support this cause." I think that gene skipped me somehow, I guess I better work on developing it outside my DNA, eh? Anyway, I would love to help out however I can from a distance. Wish I were closer, let me know what a far away chickita can provide.

Tom said...

John, great idea. I'm in. Let me know what needs to be done. Here's another thought. Maybe we could combine this effort with the family picnic to maximize participation in both events. Let me know what you think.

Love,
Tom

Anonymous said...

I'll help with whatever.
Connie

Nateusmoore said...

I will do whatever I can from the Lone Star State.

Shmoore said...

You know you can count me in for whatever. Sounds like a good ol' White Sulphur street dance is in order.

Johnny Piano said...

Good to get some response! Keep checking the Perry Moore blog, too, as I've roped them in on the idea.

Think of the Moore Reunion silent auction we had. What can you contribute that would garner some interest -- and some cash? Jim, I like the street dance idea, too.

I'd like to marshal and organize as many resources as possible. I've sent a message to my musical partner in WSS. I've thought about contacting Kelly Flynn to gauge his interest.

I'll call Bobbie Jo Fowlie to see if WSS Historical wants to associate themselves with the likes of us. Who knows what might happen? I only know that we can help make something happen.

Abe said...

Whatever I can do to help, I'm in. Seems like a great cause with a nice connection to our family.

mary said...

sounds like a fun time! Whatever help you need from the Wingys just let us know. I just happen to know a pretty good amatuer auctioneer....