Sunday, September 07, 2008

Senior Year


So I thought I would just give a little update on my life thus far. Summer finished out well. I was super glad to be done with my job. It ranks up there with the Donut Hole as a place I never want to work again. So now I am back in good ol SuFu starting my senior year! It is really crazy that I am a senior. And it looks like this year is gonna go fast, but be really fun. I am excited. I got back and started working on things for our mentor program that the theatre puts on for the freshman. Then last weekend we had our retreat and we went camping and learned an epic new game. It is called Iranian Dodgeball and it is sweet! I definitely came away with some scrapes and bruises...and a pair of shorts that I ripped the bum out of. That wasn't embarrassing at all. :) We started classes on Wednesday and I can already tell that I will be keeping busy. I am also working at a day care I worked at last semester. I really like getting to see little kids and hold them and not have them talk back to me. This week is going to be busy because I have 3 auditions. Today I am auditioning with 2 guys for the emcee spots for our varieties show. Then tomorrow night I have auditions for the musical that is going on in November. Finally, on Friday I have auditions for our show this weekend which is called 8 in 48. We cast, rehearse, and perform 8 short plays in 48 hours. It is intense but so much fun! I have also already celebrated 2 of my friends birthdays and just got back from camping again. It was fun, but rainy and kinda cold. I was able to bust out my new tent, though, so that is always fun! Anyhoo, I guess I should do homework or something. Hope all is going well for the rest of you!! Much love!
Molly

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Looks like your senior year will be amazing. Wish we could see all your great shows, maybe you should have someone upload them to youtube! :)

meg and ry said...

I agree with Hannah. And thanks for clarifying the whole 8 in 48. I was superr confused when you told me about it at first. Wasn't sure why you were auditioning for a play that was opening 2 days later. Ah! The genius of Ivan. Glad to hear you are back at the daycare. Give you little kid fixes in between nephew visits.

Jan said...

Congratulations, Molly, on being chosen to MC the Varieties show. The first step in your successful senior year. We are SO proud of you and all that you are doing this year. Love, Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

you already know i am super jealous!! enjoy this year hon, it goes by super fast! miss you tons and hopefully i will get to see you dazzle that stage one more time!

Maurika said...

very very cool, what an awesome year! i wish i were there to enjoy watching you too!!! (and i agree very much, the donut hole is on my top 2 worst job ever ever ever...) bleck.


break a leg!

xo, m

Nick said...

Sounds like you should be having a pretty sweet senior year. So is one of those plays about smerfs? And I would also like to see the after photos of the smerf makeup. :) Have a great year!