Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rained-out Picnic?

You've heard the phrases before ... "like trying to herd cats" "like trying to nail jello to a tree" "like trying to teach ethics to lawyers." That's how it feels trying to get some semblance of consensus from this family. So, due to some lobbying pressure, I'm going to throw another twist in the turnips -- I'm adding the possibility of July 26 as a picnic date (see below). If you've already commented, you can pipe up again or hold your peace.

June 14. The venue could be most anywhere. A lake isn't realistic, because June water is only slightly above freezing. And overall, the weather can be dicey at this time of year. I know this date works well for some and not well for others. State your case.

July 26. Likely a lake venue with a boat. Weather should be good. More people can make it who might otherwise have to depart in early August. State your case.

August 9. This date is more conducive to choosing a nice lake, getting a boat, and blasting out old style. One downside -- it might be too close to Abe and D's wedding date, but that's not settled yet. Once again, this date probably works well for some and not well for others. State your case.

This is the last post that posits a choice. Soon the decision will come down and you'll have to adjust your calendar accordingly. Line up and sign up!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

all the dates sound good to me. i know i am not being helpful....but if i had to put my two cents in, i would say not the 26th because i am planning a trip for that weekend and will not be in town. there, i have spoken. p.s. i don't like the lawyer comment...it may be true, but it still stings

Abe said...

Sorry Jen, but I have to vote for July 26th. Also, D-Ray votes for July 26th. Does her vote count yet?

And I agree with Jen. Easy on the lawyers! Man, it's tough trying to bring justice to the world, isn't it, Jen?

Joey said...

The 26th works for me as well. I think it's the perfect time of year to be outside on the water, or not if it doesn't work out that way.

Johnny Piano said...

I knew I'd get a rise with the lawyer line. It's just a josh.

meg and ry said...

Ry and I vote for the 26th...and Sprout too since he/she will be able to join us by then!

Anonymous said...

Only problem with me/us is that July 26th is the first Saturday of the state fair and I will have to put in my time at the old schools' display. However, if the picnic were close to town, I would be able to be there a bit later. The other two dates work out well for me/us. So there you go...from the GF Wingys.

Anonymous said...

ok...well the strong lean is toward the 26th....which is fine...i can schedule this trip for a different weekend if this is the date that works well for everyone..i am flexible....and yes, abe, it is very difficult bringing justice to the world, but someone has to do it!

Jan said...

We are up for anything. I know that Kelly would vote for the 14th since she will be here then, but the 26th works for us, too. If any of the three dates work for us, then go for the majority!! That is my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!!

Tom said...

Jeanine and I are voting for July 26th. But we're availble for whatever date wins. Just looking forward to seeing everyone!