Sunday, April 27, 2008

Life Updates!

Hellos to all! Firstly I should pause to allow everyone to scroll down and check Nate's Ice Breaker Road Race post right below this (I think that should redeem my poor Blog etiquette). Anyway, I have not been around computers lately and thought I was due for an update! So we are within a month of departing the country for Guatemala. I am pretty excited for this as we get to travel with Jim Tackes, one of the two priests who founded the mission in 1964. He has not been back to Santo Tomas since 1968, when he was layisized. I have reached and exceeded my goal of raising $1340 for the trip, and am a bit overwhelmed by the generosity of my family, friends, school, and communities. Last weekend we had a little family carnival at Christ the King and it was a great time. It was awesome, even if I didn't win cake in the cakewalk... Next weekend we are having a four-man scramble to push the rest of the group over the proverbial edge to their financial goal to Guatemala. I am still looking for a fourth for my team anyone is interested... Other than that life has been a touch crazy here in the Zoo. In March the transmission in my little Saturn went ill and have been going back in forth with my maintenance guy and my warranty company for the past month or so, but I think we got it all figured out and the little Saturn will be back in action soon enough. I decided to take a job this summer at the reputable St. Thomas Catholic Summer Camp in the lovely Little Belt mountains, as I mentioned earlier. I will be in Great Falls as a journeyman for the month of June hopefully doing some baking at Bob's and/or some other jobs around the Great Falls area. I am currently signed up to volunteer at Legendary Lodge for a week, but I do not know if it will actually happen. As for next semester, I decided to not reapply for the internship at Christ the King for a second year. It's kinda a bummer but I think it best for both of us to let each other go in our separate directions (if it sounds more like a break up than the end of a college job, it awkwardly has felt that way for the last month). I also, much like my older brother, have found a significant other! Her name is Amber and she is from the lovely Fairfield Montana (malt and barley capital of the world). She's way awesome and hope she will be available to meet some family members this summer. O yea, and finals are coming up in a week... yay... I am so excited to come home for a while. All my down time has been dedicated to reading for school, and playing mariokart and cribbage in the lounge at the church. I have been unbeatable and unchallenged at both games, so I can't wait to come home and actually work for my w's. Take care all and see you very soon!
Peace!!!!!
Nick

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow nick. sounds like you have been keeping busy!! i am so excited for you to go on this trip. i think it is great to travel to and experience a different culture!! i will be in missoula on the 10th for the graduation, if i don't see you around then, i am in gfalls for the whole summer!! so i will definitely see you then! i also cannot wait to meet the girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

wow nick. sounds like you have been keeping busy!! i am so excited for you to go on this trip. i think it is great to travel to and experience a different culture!! i will be in missoula on the 10th for the graduation, if i don't see you around then, i am in gfalls for the whole summer!! so i will definitely see you then! i also cannot wait to meet the girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

wow nick. sounds like you have been keeping busy!! i am so excited for you to go on this trip. i think it is great to travel to and experience a different culture!! i will be in missoula on the 10th for the graduation, if i don't see you around then, i am in gfalls for the whole summer!! so i will definitely see you then! i also cannot wait to meet the girlfriend.

Nateusmoore said...

Nick, sounds like a good time. Jen, yeah we heard you the first time.

Anonymous said...

i know..i am sorry...the dang computer kind of froze so i thought it wasn't working...then the next thing i know i am up there three times and i don't know how to delete. so my apologies for my idiocy

meg and ry said...

Good work Nick on the Guatamala fundraising. I hope you have a safe trip down and back.

And what's Amber's last name. There is a good chance that one of us Buyske girls know her (okay - probably Jen or Molly since they were the tenacious athletes in the family...as you can all tell by my absence from the Icebreaker!)

Nick said...

Her last name is Henning, she actually remembers Molly from Legendary, so there you go.