Friday, February 10, 2006

Update from Ashland

Well it's a February in Ashland which means blowing snow, end of basketball season, and the homestretch to the end of the school year. I survived my first semester as a teacher in the real world. It has been an amazing learning experience with a huge curve! I am excited for next year (which will probably be my last one in Ashland at St. Labre). What comes next? Who knows!? More adventures! I had my observations from my advisors at UGF yesterday. Despite freaking out a bit and not sleeping at all the night before, things went well. The girls basketball game went into double overtime but we lost. Now I'm just trying to survive today after another night of little sleep! Pray for safe travels tonight as I head to Bozeman!
It was great to see some of you over Christmas! I miss those I didn't get to see! I spent time in Shelby, Great Falls, and Bozeman/Belgrade. We had a big gathering of old counselors from Legendary at Ryan's house for New Years. It was AWESOME!!!!
The next month is actually a weekend of traveling for me. I'm heading to Bozeman tonight, to and from Missoula tomorrow (my friend in singing in the opera at UM), then back here. Then we have a long weekend with plans still unknown. Then I go back to Bozeman, to Helena, to Seeley Lake to watch Ryan run a 1/2 marathon (prayers!), then back to Bozeman and then back to school Monday morning! The weekend after that I go back to Bozeman to be with Ryan at his Army ROTC Dining Out. I get to dress up all fancy and stuff. Heck ya! Then I have a bit of break and things settle down. Sort of - I'm one of the junior advisors so that means we get Prom which is April 1st. Let the insanity begin with that! Then there's testing and Easter and the spring Pow-Wow and then school ends! Sad! I will be back in Great Falls for the summer finishing up some classes at UGF and helping orientate the new LUMEN recruits! It looks like they are going to try and place at least one, maybe two, teachers here next year so I'll have an actual community as part of this program! All in all - that's it! Things are going well. I hope you are all doing equally as fine! I miss seeing you guys, but love that we can keep in touch! Take care!

1 comment:

Johnny Piano said...

Hey, Megs -- Thanks for filling us in on your adventure. I'm sure it has been challenging at times, but I know you've been facing it head-on. Save travels on all your weekend jaunts.