Sunday, June 16, 2013

Update from LoCA

Hello family!  First off, Happy Father's Day to all the amazing dads we have in this family.  We are all lucky to have such great role models in our family.

Thought I'd sent out an update on life here in NorCal.  It's been a busy couple of months with the transtion to Stockton/Lodi and I moved into my new place in Lodi (click the link to get John's previous comments re: Lodi) over Memorial weekend and I am absolutely loving the town of 60,000.  Like I said in another post, it's literally surrounded by vineyards and wineries.  With 50 wineries within about a 10 miles radius of my house they take their wine seriously.  A lot of the grapes grown around here are shipped to Napa for their winemaking.  They call our area "the less pretentious California wine country."  I have two guest rooms and couches for all visitors.  I'm 1.5 hours from San Fran, 1.5 hours from Tahoe, and 2 hours from Yosemite... but if you like wine there might not be a reason to leave Lodi.  But seriously - come visit.  Here's a shot of the house.

Speaking of San Fran, my parents were here over Memorial Day to help me move in which was a huge blessing - thanks, guys.  We took in a Giants game and it ended up being one of the best games I've ever seen...walk off inside the park home run.  It was a blast and you couldn't ask for better company.

As if that wasn't enough fun, I was in SA,TX for George Strait's final SA concert two weekends ago with Ben.  We had a great time with great friends, good music, and 2-3 Coors Lights.  There were 73K people at the concert with us.  Quite a sight.  We also got to see Jake and, as it seems is becoming tradition in Austin, played an epic game of whiffle ball.  In all honesty, that was probably the highlight of the trip - mostly because I beat Ben.

I hope this finds everyone well.  Can't wait to see all in August for Joey's and Erin's celebration.  I'll be in the Wednesday before the wedding and will be ready to roll.  Love you all.

-Nate

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the post and immediately turned to Shane and said, "We're going to go visit Nate!" What a great spot! And a cute house. I'm glad you are enjoying it so much. I am excited to see you at the wedding! And, seriously, 2-3 Coors? Shyeah right. Double that at least. ; )

Love ya,
Molly

Jen said...

I second Molly's comment! I am definitely going to make Lodi a stopping point whenever I am in CA! Sounds like things are going well and you are settling in nicely, that is always good when you can find things about your new home that make you feel at home. I am looking to being in FL, and there is always an open invitation to visitors there as well. Discounted prices to Disney World, just saying! Anyway, looking forward to catching up with you at the celebration in August.

Jan said...

Nate, your folks were very impressed with your house. They told Joey it made your house in Billings look like the slums!! :) So glad things are settling in well for you and that you are enjoying all the area has to offer. That is what makes a move enjoyable - embracing all that you can do with gusto!! Would love to come and visit some time as I love to go to wineries!! See you in August!!

Johnny Piano said...

So cool that you bought a house. Looks like a great place. I may have to get "stuck in Lodi" sometime soon.

mary said...

I LOVE WINE! Might just have to come check this place out. Congrats on the house. It is always fun to get a new place. And it looks great!