Sunday, June 02, 2013

Football results

Hello wonderful family!!! I hope that this finds everyone doing well. I know the summer months are upon us, which means that we all become busy with different adventures. For me, that is gearing up to leave the place that I have called home for the past 2 and 1/2 years and setting up shop in a new location. While I am sure I will be stressed about the upcoming move, and saddened by the thought of leaving, I know that where I am going to next holds completely different and exciting challenges and adventures just awaiting to be had! As all of you know, for the past few months I have participated in the Women's Tackle Football League. It was definitely an experience, in many different ways. I have to say, I never thought I would have so much fun playing the sport. I think all the years of backyard football definitely paid off.  While I was originally set to be an offensive player, I ended up playing wherever they needed me, but mainly as safety. Our team went 6-1 on the regular season and steam rolled through our first two opponents of the playoffs to make it to the championship game.  Unfortunately, the game did not end up as I would have liked.  The score was 47-0. Definitely not indicative of the effort that was put up or the fight that happened within that field, but disappointing for sure.  However, it was an experience and one that I am so glad that I was able to be a part of. I have included a few pictures of the season, there are definitely more and hopefully I will be able to find a way to get some out there, but this will just give you a taste of what I was able to experience. It would have been awesome to have family at the games, but I know that all of you were cheering me on from the states, which is even better! :) 

I cannot wait for August to see all of you. I miss you all dearly and I am excited to move back within the 50 states for the next few years.

Love always,
Jen


4 comments:

Connie said...

Thanks, Jen. Sounds like you had a great time playing the game. To bad about the championship, you must have run into a steamroller team. Looking forward to visiting with you in August.

Jan said...

We are proud of the effort you put forth with this sport and the time! Just to let everyone know Jen was named to the All Star team for defense!! She puts her all into anything she does! Hope you heal up from that championship game! And remember, Erin will take care of those girls for you!! :)

Hannah said...

I seriously think your football career looks like so much fun! And the shirts on those boys are adorable!! Congrats on being so awesome. :)

mary said...

Soo fun! Wish I could have been there to cheer you on. We have some great football cheers~