Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy Birthday, Maurika!

April 1st is Rika's birthday. We're not counting the years, but they've been 38 good ones. I have so many memories of Maurika, but one of may favorites is carrying the month-old infant around the Austrian woods and explaining the names of things in German. I thought it would give her a good start on learning the language later in life. I don't remember how well she did in high-school German class. Hmm. Love you, Mo! I'll always be your April Fool.

8 comments:

mattandkelly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one happenin' gal! Have a fun-filled day and we wish you a year full of blessings.

Love,
Matt, Kelly, Will, Ben, Leo and Tiny

Briana said...

Happy Birthday gorgeous woman. I can't even start to detail all of my wonderful memories of you! You have always been an amazing support to me and an inspiration.
I love you sooo.
B

Tom said...

Maurika, Happy birthday or should I say "Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag." (According to the my English to German Google search, that's German for happy birthday). Whatever language you choose, I hope you are having a wonderful day.
Love ya,
Tom and Jeanine

Jen said...

Happy birthday to an amazing cousin and mother! You are awesome!

Desiree said...

Happy Birthday, Rika! We LYG's!!!

Jan said...

Happy belated Rika! I remember celebrating your first birthday with you oh so many years ago at Notre Dame! You were darn cute then and grew into a beautiful woman! Hope you had a GREAT day!

meg and ry said...

Happy (belated) birthday Rika! Hope your day was full of fun and not fools! ha!

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday sister. Favorite memories are our curious ones; "we are family" somewhere in the middle of Ohio, the dream that Bridger tripped and fell, the red lamp shade/red carpet in your bedroom at Kit's house. Strangely but always connected. Love you.
Hannah