Monday, November 02, 2009

The menu for many

It's time to start planning the feast. Everyone contributes. I'm going to suggest some items, but if you have a great idea for something to bring, add it to the list! Keep in mind that oven space may be limited, so the more preparation beforehand, the easier it goes.

Turkey #1 -- John and Ann
Turkey #2
Stuffing
Potatoes (mashed, please no prefab)
Gravy -- John
Green salad of some sort
Hot vegetables
Cold vegetables, including olives
Cranberry sauce
Bread or rolls and butter
Sweet potatoes or yams
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Apple pie
Pi
Appetizers (be creative)
Milk
Wine
Coffee
Juice or other soft drinks

... add to the list as you see fit.

Looking forward to seeing y'all!

11 comments:

Nick said...

I think there needs to be a running total of the bottles of wine we go through for the weekend...esspecially the way Shannon drinks wine.

Nick said...

O and I could bake some rolls

Tom said...

Geiger family wants to do TURKEY # 2 and an apple pie.

Jeanine and Tom will do hot vegetable dishes

Desiree said...

Abe and I will do two appetizers and wine.

Anonymous said...

Connie and Bill will do at least 1 pumpkin pie and a pecan pie. We have wine if it's needed.
C & B

Miranda said...

The Meuniers can do mashed potatoes and wine. Since Nate was a math major, we could also bring the pi.

Nateusmoore said...

I'll bring an appetizer. Maybe some mini-award-winning grilled cheese sandwhiches made by yours truley.

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for some cranberries!

And Nick, I'm more of a beer girl than a wino!



Shannon

mary said...

I am thinking with 50 plus people two turkeys may be too few. So Wingys will do a turkey also...Sharon and Leo will be here too and will do some sweet potatoes. We will do a veggie tray and, of course, wine!!
I guess I could bring some milk or something for the kids~
Mary

Maurika said...

We will bring the best green salad you've ever had. Plus wine for shannon and me... Maurika

Anonymous said...

We'll make warm veggies and appetizers. - B & P