Sunday, November 15, 2009

Menu for many (update)


Looking forward to a great weekend! Here's how the holiday menu stands so far. Thanks to y'all for signing up. I think we have all the bases covered now -- great! Feel free to add personal touches as the creative urge strikes you.

Turkey #1 - John and Ann
Turkey #2 - Geigers
Turkey #3 - Mary & Jim
Dressing - Kit
Potatoes - Miranda & Nate
Gravy - John
Green salad - Maurika
Fruit salad - Kit
Pretzel salad - Jake
Hot vegetables - Tom & Jeanine, Bri & Peter
Cold vegetables - Mary & Jim
Cranberry sauce - Shannon
Bread or rolls and butter - Nick
Sweet potatoes or yams - Leo & Sharon
Pumpkin pie - Connie & Bill
Pecan pie - Connie & Bill
Apple pie - Geigers
Pies - Kit
Pi - Nate Meunier
Appetizers - Abe & Dez, Nate, Bri & Peter
Milk - Mary & Jim
Wine - Connie, Mary, Maurika, Abe, Miranda
Coffee - Mary & Jim
Juice or other soft drinks - Mary & Jim
Beer - Joey
Paper napkins, paper towels - Joey

17 comments:

Joey said...

Put me on the list for beer, paper towels, and paper napkins.

Miranda said...

I don't know how to make stuffing or I'd volunteer, but there has to be stuffing at Thanksgiving! Come on Mom....

Nick said...

So how many rolls should I be planning to make? figure 3~4 per person?

Johnny Piano said...

Nick, I'd figure 1 or 2 per person. Some won't have any, some will have more.

Jake said...

Marybeth and I can do some stuffing. Are grocery stores open on thanksgiving? If so we may need some help in getting stuff due to our late arrival on Wednesday.

Platypus Flosser said...

no way! STUFFING is my favorite! Jake, do you want to trade stuffing for salad? I'm an AWESOME stuffing maker. i mean... second to my grilled cheese that is.

rika

Jacob said...

We can do salad for sure. No problem there. But we may still need someone (Mom?) to pick us up some stuff if no stores are going to be open.

Johnny Piano said...

Whoa, whoa. I got a note from Kit that she signed up for "dressing" (same as stuffing), so I think we're covered there. Mo, stick with the salad, please. Jake, you might take on the soft drinks, eh?

Jan said...

All I can say is our little dinner in Troy is looking very uncomplicated with turkey, stuffing, salad and all the trimmings!! We will miss you guys but I don't think I will miss the craziness!

Platypus Flosser said...

ok, where is this shin dig held anyway?? did we get the church?

rika

Platypus Flosser said...

AND if stuffing and dressing are the same thing... why oh why did you list both papa-san?

Nick said...

Jake make pretzel salad!

mary said...

This shin dig is at our school since we don't have access to the church of old. It should be just fine. Jake, I can get the items for pretzel salad if you would like to make that. I will also pick up some pop and or juice and coffee with creamer!!
Sounds great guys!

Jake said...

Ok this all sounds fantastic. Whatever we make itwill be awesome I promise.

Nateusmoore said...

Do Totino's Pizza Pockets work for appetizers?

Nick said...

Of course Nate! Do we have a final head count for attendees?

Johnny Piano said...

Attendee head count = 43