Tuesday, August 11, 2009

IRELAND!






Hey all!!
I figured now would be a good time to squeeze in my post about my trip to Ireland. It has been so busy on here with birthdays and family picnic stuff. First off, however, the family picnic was a blast!! I'm glad those of you who could make it were there but I'm bummed so many were missing. Next year. Ok, on to Ireland. It was a really fun 2 weeks full of lots of sightseeing and A LOT of potatoes. I always thought that was just a stereotype...oh no. In one meal I had roasted, mashed, and julienned potatoes. The food was excellent, though. I drank a lot of tea and Bulmers (which is a tasty hard cider). We traveled around the outer coast of Ireland starting in Dublin then heading south, up the west side to the north, then back down the east side to end up in Dublin again. Highlights would have to be kissing the Blarney Stone, the Cliffs of Moher, Giant's Causeway, watching locals Irish set dance in a really small town called Kilfenora, and all the gorgeous cathedrals and beautiful countryside. I really hope to make it back again someday and backpack around the countryside. There are so many quaint little towns and the people are all so friendly over there! The trip was a great way to take a mini-vacation from my very stressful summer of lounging... ;)

2 comments:

Nateusmoore said...

I am very, very jealous. Your trip looked awesome. I was wondering if you kissed the Blarney Stone. glad you had such a good time. Let's just take a family trip over there next time!

mattandkelly said...

GREAT idea, Nate! Lucky Mollygirl. Looks like you had a blast. So glad it was such a fabulous trip. Living vicariously through you...