Wednesday, April 29, 2009

San Ann Tony Oh

Hey, everyone, just a little update on my life. As most of you know I'll be heading down to San Antonio next week to take a new job with New York Life. It's a position as an administrative manager trainee. I'm pretty excited about the new adventure and becoming a third generation New York Lifer. I start on May 11, so my dad and I are heading down there next Thursday with all my stuff. Ben is only three hours away in McAllen, TX, and he is probably going to come up that weekend and meet us there. It's a long haul but an adventurous long hall.

I'm going to buy an air mattress. You may say to yourself, "Why is Nate telling us this?" The reason is that if you know I have an air mattress then maybe you will come visit. I'll even give you the bed and I'll take the air mattress if you come to SA. Why would you want to visit? I heard SA is a great town and on Halloween, or Mike's Birthday as some say, Notre Dame plays Washington State at the Alamo Dome. Come to the game.. come visit me. All right, I have to go start packing stuff. I hope ya'll (see it's all ready starting) are doing well and I hope to see ya'll soon!

9 comments:

jen said...

first of all, congrats on the job, i think that is awesome! I remember going to the big state of TX for national track one year, things are definitely bigger down there! :) I will be in D.C. for the summer, but i am going to look at my schedule next year and if i can swing it, you better believe I will come to the ND game!

Hannah said...

Big Texas! I actually visited S.A. about 9 years ago and thought it was perty cool. I almost got arrested for changing Mikayla's diaper on the "forbidden" grass outside the Alamo but other than that found it quite nice. Austin was incredible too, surprisingly greener than I expected Texas to be. Anyway, best wishes to you. Hopefully you will give regular updates on the blog. :)

Jan said...

What an adventure, Nate!! We are all excited for you and hope you enjoy your time there. Is there a chance to move with this position? You will have to keep us posted.

Benjamin said...

hope your spanish is good. ha

Nick said...

So let's see, under this deal I have to buy a plane ticket and you will supply me with a bed. Why would I want to stay with you when I could go stay with Ben 3 hours away? I kind of feel like we can negotiate some kind of deal here, Nate. You throw in a plane ticket, a few beers and a trip to South Padre Island, and my people and I may be able to make this thing happen. Ball's in your court.

Nick said...

Oh, and we need to work on spelling city names. They are kind of tricky, "hooked on phonics" does not always work. Phoenix (it's Greek, very difficult) and San Antonio (it's Spanish, a language to start learning. Start with the essentials like "no hablo espanol, amigo," or "como se dice en espanol, amigo," or "donde esta el bano, amigo," are some pretty basic phrases. Once you get those mastered, feel free to ask for more.)

mary said...

Congrats Nate! I know you are going to be great at your new job. Hope you enjoy TX also!!

Have fun and don't get into too much trouble with those beautiful Texas girls!!

Love ya
Mary

Johnny Piano said...

Well he's a long, tall Texan
He wears a big white hat ...

Congratulations on the exciting move. I hope you get to explore a lot that Texas has to offer over the next several months. It's always exciting to start a new chapter ... go get 'em!

Nateusmoore said...

Thanks for the congrats and good lucks. I'm pretty sure there is some chances to move with the postion. It sounds like it's an average of 2 years in this part of the trainee program and then it just depends on what office has an opening at that time.