Thursday, March 05, 2009

Downtown Bozeman


As I'm sure many of you have heard a gas line exploded in downtown Bozeman this morning and blew up a pretty good portion of one of the more popular blocks. This block was home to many of the good watering holes that Jake and I frequented over our years at MSU and it's kind of sad to see it how it looks today. The "Rockin' R Bar" was one of the establishments that got blown as it was next door to the wine bar where the epicenter of the explosion was and as a lot of you know the "R" Bar was a sort of landmark in downtown Bozeman. I'll be drinkin' a beer for the "R" Bar tonight.


As of right now one person is unaccounted for in Bozeman and the buildings surrounding the area are not stable enough to search so hopefully this person is found safe. Pray for everyone displaced and the business owners whose businesses were literally shattered today. Hopefully this area of downtown can build itself up bigger and better than before.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Nate, I feel your pain. I personally had never been into either bar, but people at HHS were in mourning today!! There were quite a few that went into the bar/restaurant that blew. We will certainly keep the people of Bozeman who worked in that area in our prayers!

Nick said...

Such an odd story. I feel your pain. I would be just as agonized if the Mo Club were to shoulder that same fate. We pray that the R Bar may rise out of these ashes and someday return to prominence. I'll have a cup o joe to the R Bar and all of her mourners tonight.

Hannah said...

Information I knew nothing about. Thanks for keeping us out of staters up to date Nate. And sorry to hear of the tragedy.

Johnny Piano said...

'Tis a pity. I've downed a couple in the R Bar. I hope the missing soul is blessed - either in this life or the next.

News today - another fire took out the Mint Bar in Whitehall and another business. No casualties, from what I hear.