Saturday, March 21, 2009

1981


Today marks the 28th wedding anniversary of my mom and dad. I know it's been 28 years because the code to get into our garage is 1981 (don't abuse that knowledge) and I did simple math and subtracted 1981 from 2009 and *presto* I am a great kid who knows how long my parents have been married.


But it's not about my math skills, it's about celebrating the anniversary of two great parents and partners who have made my sister's and my life amazing. Two great people who hit it off at the Molly Brown Bar (ironic given my mom's apprehensive approach towards drinking) in Bozeman all because my mom borrowed a suitcase from Jan. I asked my mom today to recap the bar scene where they met and she said my dad asked her to dance! My dad... dancing!


Anyway, I want to wish them a fantastic 28th anniversary and let them know they are awesome people and I love 'em. Happy Anniversary!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary you two! i hope you have an awesome day and you are able to celebrate properly!

Abe said...

happy anniversary moores! and thanks for bringing into the world one wonderful child and also nate.

Nateusmoore said...

nice.

Jan said...

I will always remember the year you were married because I was pregnant with that wonderful child Joey! I am so glad that I had a suitcase to lend you Jeanine. It lead to a beautiful bond between two great people. And it is nice that you could have 1 1/2 sweet children. Kidding Nate. You are a doll!

Johnny Piano said...

Golly, Nate's takin' a whack or two. And, over time, I've given him a couple myself. All in fun, I know. I appreciate it, Nate, that you put up posts like this. You've been very considerate in remembering family events and keeping in touch via the blog. Thanks. Hope all went well in Denver.

Nateusmoore said...

I love my family...

Molly said...

Happy Anniversary you two! My mom has told me the story of how you two met a few times. I love hearing it! You are a wonderful couple and a blessing as an aunt and uncle! Love you!!

Jan said...

We are just a loveable bunch. I add to Johnny's comment on "Go Nate" for the Denver job. Change of scenery might be kind of nice, eh? We are praying for you!!

mary said...

Happy belated anniversary guys! Congratulations!!
Hey, where is this picture taken at???

Nick said...

Happy (late) Spring Equinox and Anniversary! You all four of you are very special to me! Hope it was a good one!

Tom said...

The picture was taken at the Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery outside of Seattle. We think Jeanine was pregnant with Nate, so it would have been 1985.
Love you all,
Tom

bdiddy said...

Congratulations - it is so inspiring to see relationships that are loving and lasting.
I hope that you get the job in Denver Nate - we are moving to Boulder, CO and it would be awesome to be soo close (even if you are just 1/2 a wonderful child - you are a whole wonderful adult)

Jan said...

Ok, Bri, what is the news? What are you going to do in Boulder, CO? What about your business? We are very curious!!