Saturday, March 29, 2008

Life

Although everyone is posting pictures of the newest additions to this family (which if I may say so are definetly keeping up the overall attractiveness of the Moore clan) I think everyone will be happy and relieved to know that I do not have (as of this moment) any new ones to brag about down here. I do however have a nice little spring break trip to enthrall all of you with.

A group of 18 of us med schoolers went to Winter Park resort in Colorado. The weather was amazing until the last day and although the lines and slopes were pretty packed due to the rest of the entire country having spring break at the same time as us, we had a great time. The only downside is that on the last day on my last run of the week I took a killer fall and ended up breaking my right collar bone. It happened at the very top of the mountain above the tree line even and ski patrol had to ski my down in a stretcher of sorts. The ride seemed like it took forever and the whole time I thought I was gonna fall out. So eventually I got all slinged up and sent on my way with some killer pain meds and a hefty bill. Now back at school I have found it difficult to take notes seeing as how my right arm is immobilized but it does give me a nice excuse to slack off a little and have other people cater to my every need.

Anyways thats about all that is happening in my life. I've actually started dating one of my classmates who went on the trip with me. Her name is Marybeth and she is a pretty cool girl and I hope all of you can meet her at some point. We have about 2 months left of school here in St Louis then it is back home to MT for June and July. I am really excited to see you guys so everyone has to make sure to come visit at some point in the summer and those with the new family members that I haven't met especially. Thank you all for taking time at of your busy lives to have a look into mine. I hope to see you all soon.

Love Ya
Jake

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...med students really do have more fun! i will be in the wonderful city of gfalls this summer as well...so i will be sure to stop by and see ya

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Great Falls can handle the '85 trio all at the same time. You guys should have a great summer. Come and see us.
Connie and Bill

Johnny Piano said...

Jiminy -- last run of the last day and you bust up your (I believe the proper anatomical term is) clavicle. BUMMER. (That last word is a medical acronym; stands for Better Up the Meds Maybe Every Review.) I'm sure you're getting plenty of sympathy and assistance, so I'll just send curiosity -- who is this Marybeth girl, and why did she let you take a tumble on the mountain? Not a good start to the relationship, when your favorite uncle blames your date for your injury. You best get her to Montana this summer so I can give her the what-for. (Okay, I promise not to.) Anyway, hope you heal up well and finish up the first year in fine form.

Nick said...

Sweet. I think we got the weak clavicles from Dad. Anyway, it is kinda cool that I am no longer the loser brother who was the only one to break a bone. Now you get to have the awesome protruding bone sticking out of your shoulder for the rest of your life like me! Yay! I'm really excited to have you home for the summer also. It should be a joyous one filled with great decisions and wonderful memories (IF we remember them). See you soon bro!

Jan said...

Jake, Jake, Jake!! I can't believe that you fell skiing. I was lucky all of those years that I skied not to break anything. My style was less than perfect, but I sure enjoyed those years!!
We are anxious to meet Marybeth. She must be a pretty sweet girl if she is hooked up with you!! Take care and make sure that your buddies take care of you. I am sure we will see a lot of you this summer!!
Your favorite aunt!