Sunday, March 16, 2008

Family Picnic

As Grand Marshals of the Family Picnic, Ann and I have been discussing the benefits of holding the event on June 14. Everybody was already geared to gather on that date -- why not do the picnic then?

I realize that, as a member of this family, you're probably a bit reluctant to state your opinion (yeah, right!), but please do so. Is that date good?

Also, the Wingerters have once again offered their yard as the picnic venue. Very gracious of them, and last summer's soiree there was quite enjoyable. Do it again, or choose an "outdoorsy" spot, such as Canyon Ferry or King's Hill? (Discussing this won't hurt their feelings; it's a matter of what people prefer.)

So, here's your chance to chime in -- what's your preference for date and location? I think it would be best for everyone if we have this decided by ... say ... my birthday. When's that, you ask? Why, it's April 14. That way, y'all have plenty of time to plan your summer events. And now you also have time to shop for my birthday. It's a win-win.

10 comments:

Abe said...

Hey all. I will do all I can to make the picnic this year, but I'm already going a bit overboard on taking time off. D and I are taking a vacation on Saturday for 10 days, then in August I'm hopefully fishing with Grampa O.

With that said, my vote is for a cool Montana lake and that boat Rika promised to rent. That would be a huge treat. And can I drive the boat while Nate is tubing?

That's my two bits. I will be happy anywhere and had an awesome time at the Dinger residence last year.

Anonymous said...

i had a blast at dingers!! if that is easier for everyone in terms of travel and comfort...i say do that..as far as date....heck, i am open for whenever..i will be in great falls for the summer, so whatever date you choose would be fine with me...just a little fyi....14th is marc and jan's anniversary....so we could have a huge family celebration for that! anyway, that is my two bits, for whatever it is worth

Shmoore said...

Beryl and I are definitely down for the 14th, or whatever date works for the whole clan. Dingers place is always fun, but I think it would be nice and somewhat nostalgic to have it at Kings Hill, but if there's a boat involved......
It will just be nice to be with family wherever we may gather.

Nateusmoore said...

1. I like the idea of an "outdoorsy" spot. I can say for myself, not my other three family members, that I am down for whatever date. Dad - Mom - Shannon - what's up?

2. Abe, bring it.

meg and ry said...

Schulte's vote:

If the date remains the 14th, we would prefer remaining as close to the GF hospital as possible since I'll be a week out. Ryan won't be able to come then since he'll be winging his way home from drill that day.

If it's later in the summer, we are up for wherever! Kings Hill would be cool!

Jan said...

We are up for whatever flies. Wingerters was a blast last summer, but the thought of a boat with Abe at the wheel and Nate on the tube is almost too good to pass up!!! You know that this will all fall on you, Johnny and Annibelle, for the ultimate decision. This family is so easy going that we will do whatever we are told!!

bdiddy said...

I vote for Canyon Ferry! Only because I haven't been there in soo soo long - feeling a little nostalgic. Anyhow, we are happy to go wherever and the 14th would be just fine for us.

Anonymous said...

now that i think about it...a lake and a boat would be pretty fun...not to mention watching abe smoke nate...that would make the weekend that much better! :)

Nateusmoore said...

Come on... "smoke nate"... some people just haven't seen these tubing skills.

Anonymous said...

actually nate, as i recall....you and i on a double tube pretty much dominated...even shmoore couldn't knock us off