Sunday, September 16, 2007

We Need Some Help



I say "we" in the collective sense of the word. We as Notre Dame fans need some help. Suffice it to say the season has been a little disappointing so far. I figured it would be a "growing" year for the Irish, but I never would have predicted an 0-3 start and the shellackings they have taken in those games. It is time to call upon a higher power, whether you believe in God, Buddha, or just Karma, we need something. So all of you Irish faithful in the family, which is just about everyone by my count, come together and say a prayer, light some incense, or do a good deed to get Karma back on our side. We need a win and nothing would be sweeter than getting it against Michigan State at home. I'm counting on you Moore brethren!!

7 comments:

mattandkelly said...

Can you really call on Buddha for some Catholics?

Nateusmoore said...

I think even Buddha would have some sympathy for an Irish fan.

Today I held the door open for a lady, maybe that will translate into some sort of Karma.

Johnny Piano said...

Yes, the Irish need help. Listen, I was raised a good Catholic boy and attended ND myself. However, I refuse on principle to pester the almighty (by whatever appellation) over the fallen fortune of a college football team. Maybe I'll toss a coin in the next wishing well I come across and leave it at that.

Nateusmoore said...

It's not just a college football team... its ND.

Jen said...

ND or no ND....i agree with John....let us stick to the karma aspect and the wishing well...and let the other Guy do His thing.....I have a good feeling about this weekend....i saw a rainbow....and that is always a good sign right? here's to hoping!!

Anonymous said...

I am with Joey. I think even His Almighty is a little disappointed in His boys. They have to do something this year, right???
jan

Nateusmoore said...

Well that rainbow sure didn't work, Jen. Now are you convinced a higher power may need to be contacted... maybe even if it is a little addidtion to the end of your prayers?