Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Beginning again

Hello there my lovely family!
I hope that everyone is doing well and that the new school year is treating all you students and teachers well! We start classes tomorrow and even though I am a junior, I am still a bit nervous. Pretty much just for my Spanish class. I thought I could handle it, then I went into summer and now I am afraid I won't remember a thing! Good thing my roommate and one of my best friends are Spanish majors! So, I am living in a house this year with 5 other girls. Reminds me of growing up...just kidding. Anyhoo, it is a really "cute house" as mom stated about 50 times while moving me in. Dad liked it too. I really like it as well. It is nice to be in a house again since I lived with Dad in an apartment all summer. Last week I spent most of my time finishing organizing the Theatre retreat and the mentor/mentee program we put on. This year we took the time management portion of the theatre mentor program campus wide and had two 2 hour sessions with all the freshman. It went really well and I am glad that all of that is over. It was quite a bit of work. And I am now an expert with the copying machine! Not a whole lot going on in the world of theatre. I have auditions on Sunday for our musical which goes up in November. That should be interesting, since I don't really sing. Oh well. I am also working on ideas for a one woman show to put on in April for Sexual Assault Awareness Month. I am going to do a free-will donation show and the proceeds will go to The Joyful Heart Foundation. So, I am pretty excited about that. Other than that, I am just trying to work on my patience because right now I feel a huge urge just to go to LA and try out for things and see what happens, but I know I need to finish college. I don't want to be a dumb actress! Well, I think that is all from here in Sioux Falls. Man, I miss the mountains! Love you all and miss you!
Peace,
MJB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Molly girl!! Your time is coming! We will pray for you on Sunday and keep our fingers crossed that auditions go well!! And, your house is SO cute!!
Love you,
Mom

Johnny Piano said...

Hey, Molly -- break a leg! You rock! I hope you have a great junior year. (It's always the best one.) When it comes time to do the Joyful Heart Foundation show, let us know.