Sunday, June 24, 2007

"My Kind Of Town"

I finally got out to visit Abe in Chicago after years of never following through on my promises to visit the Windy Cityand it turned out to be one of the most fun trips I have ever had. I flew in on Thursday the 31st of May and Abe, being the hard worker that he is, was... um... hard at work so I bummed around downtown by myself and visited Millenium Park and "The Bean" and then went and looked around the Art Institute of Chicago. After that I met up with Abe and Desiree back at his office and went out to dinner and hung out with Desiree for the rest of the night. She's a pretty fun girl. Abe was not along for this evening out in Licoln Park due to his unparralled work ethic but was there in spirit. Friday turned out to be a fun one with a bike ride along the shores of Lake Michigan which suprisingly was a happenin' place to be. That night was an engagement party complete with Irish Car Bombs and some dancing to some interesting blues music at a blues club. A great time for everyone. The weekend mostly consisted of spending time in Wrigleyville with Abe's friends and watching the Cubbies play the Braves at Wrigley Field. Sorry Mike, but unless Fenway Park is better than heaven for a baseball fan, Wrigley is going to be tough to beat as the best baseball stadium. All in all it was a awesome weekend complete with great food... and I mean GREAT food, some good drinks, and a ton of good people. We also learned that nachos are preeeeeeeeeeety much the same thing as eggs benedict.


P.S. I am really still trying to post pictures but the two comps in the house seem to not want me to. It must be the internet connection, but I will post 'em as soon as I can get them to work.

4 comments:

Jen said...

glad to hear you had a good time....i am jealous!!! can't wait to see ya at the big bash

Jen said...

glad to hear you had a good time....i am jealous!!! can't wait to see ya at the big bash

Mike said...

Sorry dude, been to both places and have to give the nod to Fenway as the better park all around. Wrigley definitely second, though. Old places are a dying breed these days. Glad u had good time in Chi-town. Bummer you couldn't have swung boston while I was still here. See ya next week.

Mike

Miranda said...

I agree. Chicago is one of my favorite towns, too! I was just at Ohare this last weekend for layovers on our way to and from Madison, WI for a wedding. What a great airport too! Sorry we couldn't be there for longer!