Friday, April 06, 2007

Jake's Future


Hello all. I haven't posted in awhile mostly because there really hasn't been anything post worthy occurring in my life but I do check the blog often to get the news of the family. I have finally been graced with a worthy postable event. This week i finally was able to determine where I will be spending the next four years of my life. The decision was kind of made for me because only one school accepted me but hey whatever I'm in. I will be attending Saint Louis University Medical School in St Louis, Mo. Their mascot is the Billiken which I though sounded like pelican so I was expecting a bird. Rather it is a charm doll created by a lady in Kansas City and named after Pres William Taft. Crazy!! I believe orientation is the first week in August so, sadly I will miss the Moore reunion which I am pretty bummed about. I will also miss the State Fair for the first time in my life, a little less important but sad nonetheless. I will be staying in Bozeman until I leave and will be working on the grounds crew at Valley View Country Club. A little relaxation time before the onslaught of med school.
If there are any relatives or friends in the St Louis area I would love to get in touch with them, so if anyone knows of anyone down there you should let me know. I am excited to head out but also worried on how I will handle being away from Montana, my family and friends. I have always liked the idea that if I needed to see any one of my awesome family members (cousins, aunts, uncles) they weren't that far away for the most part. So that's my life as of April 6, 2007. Hopefully I will see most of you in July at Megs' wedding. Oh and keep my sister and brother in your prayers as their baby's due date has passed and she will be arriving shortly.
Everyone travelling this weekend be safe and Happy Easter!!!

Love, Jake

P.S. Go Billikens!!

2 comments:

Shmoore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shmoore said...

Jake....Congratulations for being accepted into Saint Louis University Medical School.
STL is one of my stations so I'll have to let you know when I'm there.