Saturday, July 25, 2009

Post Family Picnic Celebration

Hello all!! I hope this post finds everyone doing well! I cannot believe that July is almost over! Crazy how fast time seems to fly! I also know this is close to when Mike posted for Ry guy's birthday, but it is technically different days so I haven't broken any rules!! :) Anyway, as most of you may (or may not) know, I have accepted a commissioning into the Navy JAG following graduation from law school. I am excited about this opportunity, not only because I will be able to serve in the military, but because I feel this is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience. That being said, for those of you who may still be around and would like to venture up to Helena, I am holding the commissioning ceremony on the 10th of August at 2:30 p.m. in the Old Supreme Court Chambers at the Capitol. I know most of you will be heading your separate ways, but for those of you who can make it, feel free to join me. Mike will be issuing the oath. Again, I hope everyone's summer is going well and safe travels to all in the future!

Jen

7 comments:

mattandkelly said...

I think you'll be the first female SEAL JAG. How's THAT for vote of confidence?! kb

Jan said...

We are excited for you and proud of you, Jen. We will try to be there!! :) :) Love you!

Molly said...

you know i'm there!

Abe said...

Congratulations, Jen. I'm very impressed by your decision to serve and wish I could be at your commissioning. Will be in Alaska, though. I'm with you in spirit and I'm very very proud.

Meghan said...

Alaska? Lame Abe, just lame.

Well, like mom, I'll see if I can fit this into my schedule. I don't know though - things get hectic around here. :) JK - I'll be there with bells on - or just Tyson who'll make enough noise for all!

Maurika said...

You are amazing Jen - can't wait to have your bad ass around to protect me! Ha. I will be there in spirit as well: Florida for me at that time. You do us proud lady! xo, m

mary said...

I would love to be there Jen! How exciting for you! We will sure try to get to Helena...all depends on baby Meunier's arrival! Love ya!