Thursday, November 29, 2007

Good bye old friend

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of a dear member of our family. I sold my beloved Mini Cooper last week. As you all know, it has seen me through many cross country trips and will be dearly missed, mostly because its loss signifies the fact I am truly becoming an adult. Yikes! Here's one last shot of my old friend.



In other news, we've had some fun times lately. Emma had her first halloween, first trip to San Francisco, first trip to Philly (even got some authentic cheesesteak - no, she did not partake unfortunately), first Thanksgiving (although we ate dinner at like 10:30pm due to some confusion about the turkey temperature and she was asleep by then), first haircut, first time to the zoo, first time to an aquarium, and first time meeting Uncle Josh (Nate's brother). Mom was gracious enough to join me in San Fran while I had a conference and so got to play gramma for awhile. I'm sure she had no fun at all. We are very excited about coming home for Christmas. Emma's baptism is going to be the Sunday before Christmas and you are all invited. Here are some pictures from our adventures!

PS: I'm a little behind in my congratulating. A big YAHOO to Bri and Peter and Meghan and Ryan! Wow this family is bulging at the seams! We're running out of states. Maybe we'll have to start using countries. I vote for African countries. There's lots of those, so bring on the babies!



6 comments:

Johnny Piano said...

So the sooper-dooper Cooper gives way to ... wait ... do I smell minivan? Har har har. I love it that the 20-somethings have to grow up. Meanwhile, I'm going the opposite direction. Think I'll go check out some sports cars. BTW, nice photos!

Anonymous said...

I don't know, John, those Elements are almost as sporty as cars come these days.

Randa, very cute pictures of Emma. I see her hair has decided to lay down? :) Very, very cute girl.

Jan said...

Randa, it does stink that we grow up and give up some things, but then if we didn't we wouldn't have beautiful babies like Emma. She is a sweetie pea!! I did get the pictures that you sent out from one of my kiddos. They are very good. Buy yourself a pair of bibs and you will feel good again!! Hope to see you during the Christmas holidays. We will be in Anacortes the weekend before and the week of but maybe New Years!!

Jen said...

wow...cute!!! i am glad to hear things are going well!!

Nick said...

O the mini! I absolutely love the lion picture! What a character!

meg and ry said...

Ignore mom's advice on the overalls. Wait until you are 50 and working at a drive-in flipping burgers! ;)

What a beautiful girl. I tell you - this family makes good ones!!!!

And what kind of car did you get?