Monday, August 24, 2015

Great Family Picnic!

Family Picnic 2015 was a rousing success. Held at the headquarters of Family Reunion 2007 in White Sulphur Springs, the event attracted 57 members of the family. We visited, played, swam, dined, and celebrated Mom's 91st birthday. In this photo, while Connie cuts the cake, Mom admonishes some of the great-grandchildren about proper attire for a birthday party. Kudos to Tom for organizing the picnic. Now the baton passes to Mary. A couple of my children have wondered when the baton passes to the next generation. As Bri put it, "You can oversee our efforts and make sure we get it right before you die." Blunt, but true. So, when do we start working down the line of Mom's grandkids?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so bummed to miss out on this awesome shindig! It was fun to see all the kids swimming in the pool and say hello to grandma via FaceTime. Don't think she quite got the concept as she put the phone screen up to her lips to talk. We sure do have an amazing family! Love you all.

Love,

Molly

Connie said...

We have talked about passing the torch in the past but no one really took the ball and ran with it. It is a fine idea though.

Nateusmoore said...

Wish I could have made it! Definitely hate missing these events. I have gotten to see Grandma, Connie, Mary, and Jim in the last month or so - at least I got SOME family time but I would have loved to been in WSS.

Hope to see everyone soon.

For those that went - I'm sure I was very missed as well. There's a guest room and breakfast for anyone that wants to visit NorCal so that you can get that quality time with me that you all want (need).

Jen said...

I was also really bummed that I missed this!!! I was looking forward to seeing everyone and getting updates on what is going on with everyone these days!!! Oh well.....there's always next year I suppose! I hope everyone had a great summer and that your fall (or soon to be fall) is off to a great start!