Tuesday, September 10, 2013

10 Years!!!

10 Years Straight!!!  Streamers and Balloons Included!
Today marks a very impressive achievement for my dad: 10 straight years of either running or walking at least 3 miles... literally without missing one day! He's up to 6 miles/day now and through colds,  a very busy travel schedule, tons of below zero days, and countless other obstacles, he has had the dedication to getting his workout in. It's  crazy to think about 3,650 straight days of doing anything, let alone working out.

When he started his workout streak, Beyonce's "Crazy in Love" was #1 on the Billboard charts. I was a freshman in college in my first month living with Jake in North Hedges. 'W' had just started his second term. Travis Lulay was in his second year as Bobcats QB.  The Griz had Craig Oochs under center.  Ah the good ol' days.

Please help me congratulate my dad on this very awesome and inspiring achievement.  Here's to 10 more years, pops!


Dad with his new best friend and running/walking partner Zorro (On loan from his son)

Another one of Dad and Zorro


11 comments:

Connie said...

This is quite an accomplishment. Glad there is one (or two) in our family that takes this healthy exercise to heart. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Tom -

That's amazing. Very inspiring stuff. And a great way to make the rest of us feel very lazy. Thanks.

- Mike

Unknown said...

Very proud of you Daddio!

Johnny Piano said...

Way to go, Tom! You've always had impressive self-discipline. Now you just need to start practicing piano again.

Hannah said...

Impressed and inspired - I probably won't go for a ten year streak but I might just get a bit more active again. :)

Shmoore said...

Nice going big brother! You definately have me beat in the dedication department. Heres to another 10 years plus..

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tom! I made it 2 weeks....and not every day :( You are inspiring!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Such a badass! Congrats, Tom. That really is some hard work and dedication. Kudos to you.

Love,
Molly

mary said...

WOW! Thats all I got~

Erin said...

This is so rad. I look forward to the day I have this kind of motivation!

Jan said...

Wow little bro! That is very impressive!! You are amazing that you do it no matter what the weather! You should be proud of yourself!