Thursday, March 28, 2013

Updates!!!!

Well, I guess it would only really be "update" since there is only one of me. But that is besides the point. I know it has been a while since I have posted on the blog, so I just thought that I would stop in to say hi :) I hope this finds everyone doing well. I know that we have various family members scattered throughout the US and the world, and so just know that I am keeping all of you in my prayers as we face our separate challenges! I am also really excited for August when I will hopefully get to see most of you!!! I have been fortunate enough to be on Guam for over 2 years now (wow, time sure does fly!) and I am getting ready to move on to another challenge. At the end of June I will be moving to Mayport, FL to take up defense work for about 3 years. I am excited about the change, but it will definitely be bittersweet. I have had such an amazing time on this island, and I would not talk down about it at all!! This is definitely the Navy's best kept secret in terms of duty stations! I only wish I could stay longer. I have seen and done some amazing things, from diving to hiking to sporting events.  Crazy that I should mention sporting events......one of those activities that I am currently involved in is tackle football. Yes, tackle football. Guam has a women's tackle football league (fully equipped with commissioner and everything) and we have started up the season. I play for the Island Stunnerz. I am having a blast!!! I never knew that hitting someone would feel so good :)  Anyway, I have included a photograph from our first game (which we lost) and a video from You Tube. The video is kind of long, so I don't really blame you if you fast forward and what not, but it was still a blast and I am just glad that I have something to share with you guys. I am #34 and I play safety on defense and fullback on offense.  This definitely is one of those things that I never would have thought about doing, but of course while I am here I just tend to seize the day!


I hope everyone enjoys the Easter Weekend and hopefully Spring is starting to turn its head wherever you may be. Since the weather never really changes here, I am looking forward to more sunshine and warmth :) I am heading to Rota (not Spain, but part of the Federated States of Micronesia) for a weekend trip. I will do a couple of dives and just check out what this small island has to offer. I will post some pictures of that adventure as well.

Love to all and a very Blessed Easter holiday!

Love always
Jen

5 comments:

Hannah said...

ADVENTUROUS WOMAN!! Is there anything you can't do? Perhaps Everest is next? Good luck in your newest adventure - I am a little jealous that you get warm climates everywhere you go! Hopefully Florida will hold even more adventurous opportunities for you!

Hannah said...

And by the way, I loved that killer tackle first play of the game. How could a team lose with you on their side? I think it was just poor scorekeeping. :)

mary said...

How fun, playing tackle football. I might actually have tried that when I was young~
Good luck with the move and all. Have a great Easter weekend.

Jan said...

That's our girl!! You always just go full bore!! We are so proud of what you have done and continue to do. You never cease to amaze us! Hope you had a blast in Rota! Happy Easter!!! Love, Dad and Mom

mattandkelly said...

DIP, HIT, WRAP, DRIVE!

You are tackling high and you need to put your shoulder into running back and punch your hand through the ball as you wrap them up. You will get more fumbles and they will be scared of you by the end of the season. :)

Great interception, though, but where's the run back. We expect more out of a Buyske. :)

Love you and glad you are having such a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it at the wedding!

God bless you and be safe!

Love,
Matt