Monday, March 25, 2013

Bittersweet Weekend...

Hello amazing family!  I hope this finds you all enjoying Spring wherever you are~  it is a beautiful day in the Falls for sure.
The Wingerters had an amazing weekend!  We were all, minus Nick, in San Antonio seeing Sam graduate from AIT.  The army has over 300 brand new combat medics as of last Friday.  Wingy was one of the last to be called, but he did it!!

 
On a more bummerish note, Nick and his company left Helena Saturday on their way to Ft. Hood Texas for pre deployment exercises.  Since we were in Texas, Marc, John and Ryan went to see him off.  He will be in Texas for a month or two and then they are off to Kuwait until next February.  It was really hard to say good bye knowing I wasn't going to have one of Nick's awesome bear hugs for a year.  But they are prepared and ready to go, so now I just pray for their safety and success of their mission.
Please keep these two soldiers in your prayers as they move on to their next adventures!
Love you all~
Mary
 


6 comments:

Jen said...

First off, congrats Sam on completing your training! I wish you the best of luck in your journey as you come back to MT! Mary, Nick will stay in our prayers as he heads to Kuwait.

mattandkelly said...

Congratulations, Sam! I am sorry we were not able to be down in San Antonio. I look forward to hearing about your experiences when we catch up in August.

Nick is surely in our prayers and I will be sure to look for him if I make a trip through Kuwait after I transfer to Whidbey (could be one of the stops that command makes if they get that schedule at the end of the year).

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Missing all of you,
The TX Buyskes

Jan said...

I have to make a correction to Mary's post - Johnny, Marc and Ryan saw Nick off! Unfortunately I was home with the flu! But I did go outside and watch the line of eight helicopters fly over and buzz the Fort and then come back around and buzz the airport crowd! It was something to see!! We will miss Nick but he will be in our daily prayers! Sammy, congratulations to you on your achievements and good luck to you as you move to your next adventure!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sam! I know it was a lot of hard work, but you did it! Good luck with your future journey. I know you'll do great.

It's always hard to send a loved one overseas. But I will definitely be praying for Nick and already told him that I will be there to give him a big bear hug when he returns home!

Molly

Connie said...

Congrats to Sam on this big achievement. We will definitely keep Nick on our thoughts and prayers. We too will miss those big bear hugs.

Hannah said...

What awesome boys! Congrats Sam - such a handsome young man! And Nick, I pray that you have a safe journey and experience out of these borders. I am sure that your wit and charm will be a blessing to those around you and help keep spirits high- best wishes!!