Sunday, March 24, 2013

Update

Hey family!! I am so excited to hopefully see almost all of you this summer at Joey & Erin's wedding/family picnic!! It's going to be so much fun! I just wanted to post a couple pictures from our St. Paddy's Day weekend in Chicago and update you all on our happenings. We hung out with our really good friends Paige and Mark. We all had to pick a spirit animal when we posed for a picture. Shane is a dragon, I'm a T-Rex (notice we're both powerful figures) and Paige is a rabbit and Mark is a mole. Don't ask. And then of course we had to get a picture with the green river. It was a chilly, but fun day! Things here are moving along. I am definitely ready for some spring weather and we've been having some exciting things happen for us. First off, Shane got accepted into grad school!!! YAY!!! He will be attending Dominican University here in Chicago to get his Masters in Library and Information Science and hopes to one day be an archivist on a college campus. So it's really exciting that he is starting that journey. He will begin summer classes in May. I'm really proud of him. As for me, I'm still working at the planetarium but I did just get a job offer to start as an assistant teaching artist with a children's theatre here. I'm really stoked about that!! It's just a few hours each week but it's a great way to get my feet wet and really see if children's theatre is my calling. Hopefully by the fall I'll be teaching my own classes! So that's the exciting news on our end. I also wanted to add that I just finished Bri's 7-week "Get It" course and it was SO AWESOME!! Honestly, I am so impressed by her and so proud of her. It really was a great class and she offered it to me at a time when I really needed it. I just can't say enough how much I love this family!!! I hope you all are doing well and I hope you have a great Easter! I love you all and hope to see you soon!! All my love, Molly

4 comments:

mary said...

Wow! HOw exciting for both of you! I am glad things are looking up and working out for you in Chicago. Best of luck~

mattandkelly said...

GO CHICAGO! Loving it, Molls! So glad Shane got into his grad program and that you've got children's theatre coming your way. Love to you!

Jen said...

WHOOO!!!! Major congrats to both of you! Hopefully I will be able to make it out to Chicago again in October to see you and check out another ND game....that was awesome :)

Hannah said...

Love the update - keep 'em coming!!