Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lots of Love

Hey Gang! Just wanted to give a bit of an update on our lives in Chicago. The first picture is with 2 really great friends we've made here. They're a couple who moved from the Bay area. She works at the planetarium with me. We were pretty much destined to be friends. The second picture is Shane and me before Christmas Eve Mass. We hated being away from family on Christmas, but it was pretty special to be able to share it together. We've already decided that it will be our last one alone together, though. No more not being with family. Things here are going...ok. Chicago has been a bit rough for us, but we're hanging in there. Shane's job isn't working out as well as he had hoped so for the past few months he's been applying to all types of jobs. He hasn't heard anything yet, which is really frustrating, but we're trying to stay positive. I am also looking for a different job. I love being at the planetarium, but I need more of a full-time job. Not much on the acting front for me. I do have an audition for a play coming up later in the month. I'm pretty excited about some new projects I've started on, however. My biggest one is probably the unveiling of my new blog. Which has yet to be created. As part of my 2-year plan that Des so graciously helped me create, each week I am going to make a video for my nieces and nephews and post it. The first one I posted to facebook, but Kelly came up with a great idea to create a blog. I love this for so many reasons, but one of them is that those of you that don't have facebook will still be able to check out the videos. And those of you with youngsters are encouraged to share it with them. I just want to be able to make something that the younger generation can enjoy. Another big project I'm working on is writing children's stories. Right now it's 26 stories, one for each letter of the alphabet. We'll see how it goes. Other than that, there's not a whole lot going on. Shane and I LOVE being in the same city as Abe, Des, and John. One of our favorite things to do is go up to their place and hang out. We especially love it when they cook for us! I also wanted to just say thank you for all of your love and support. Family is so very important to me, and people have stepped up in a big way. Bri is helping me through her new class, Des has helped me with so many various things, Abe is just awesome, and the rest of you are so amazing. I am truly blessed to be part of such a loving family. THANK YOU!! I hope all is well with everyone and hopefully I will get to see most of you at the big bash in August. Erin already feels like a sister. Love, Molly (and Shane)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Thinking of you kiddo!!! So proud of both of you and know that there are great things coming up in both of your futures! LOVE YOU!

Johnny Piano said...

Good to hear the news, Molly. Sorry you couldn't be with family for Christmas, yet glad you had each other. I hope that 2013 brings you great progress toward your dreams -- both you and Shane. Good luck with the job searches!

Jan said...

We are so proud of both of you for hanging in there and trying to make this work. God bless Des for helping you with your Vision Chart. This is what has kicked off all of these creative juices. The stories that you wrote are awesome!! You truly are gifted! We love you both!!!

Hannah said...

Well, I just can't wait to see this blog up and running. You know my kiddos will be first in line! Be sure to share the link here asap, girl!