Monday, November 01, 2010

Grilled-Cheese

So with Halloween and the obnoxious month of October now on the backburner, we can focus our respective attentions on the upcoming, and perenially most important, months of November and December. With last years landmark breakthrough of the Post-Turkey Day Grilled Cheese Burn Off in mind, I would like to know if we are planning the event again for this year. I think the results of last year, while still very controversial, left us all impatiently wondering what next-year would hold. Well, my dear family, "next year" is a mere 3 weeks away, and hardly a whisper of Cheese-Grilling can be heard. I motion to reopen discussions, criticisms, trash-talking, bragging, and all sorts of analytical and competitive banter on this here blog. I further motion, as many of us struggle to find time in our daily citizenry, to institute a family commitee on extra-holiday family development. This inter-generational committee would regularly discuss, in the public forrum of the blog and/or facebook, the organization of family events surrounding the major family holy days of obligation (i.e. Christmas, Family Picnic, and Thanksgiving.) I believe this committee should be selected by each generational group as defined by the the committee's inagural dicision on election perameters. To form the inagural committee, I take a quick break to catch my breath then continue my motion to form the committee by volunteer, discernment, then lottery decision. The members of this committee must keep the best interest of family unity, fun, and interclan dialogue as first and most precious priority. Adherence to committee decisions are to be left to each clan leader or head of household, holding qualification as defined by future committee decision. Any comments, criticisms, and lauds regarding the formation and purpose of this revolutionary committee are welcomed and democratically encouraged by any and all family members.
With love and sincerity,
Nick

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what she said???

Anonymous said...

I would gladly participate in a committee whose goal is to ensure that the greater family continues to gather as often and as plentifully as possible. My first motion: to swap the grilled cheese competition from Thanksgiving to Christmas annually to coincide with our visits to Montana (Christmas this year!). Desiree deserves an annual shot at redemption. - ABE

Hannah said...

Just to clarify to all of ya'll that didn't know - I was the brains behind last year's win. Yes, indeed, though only there in spirit, it was my intense deliberation with dear Maurika that made her sweet 'wich the winner!! Therefore, I am all for another playoff with my contributions going to the winner yet again. Ya'll can vie for my partnership. And your committe idea, though perhaps only understandable by "the lawyer", sounds great. :)

Johnny Piano said...

I'm sorry Nick -- perhaps your education has surpassed my understanding. But I will say, I like grilled cheese sandwiches. Other than that, I will leave it to other family members to sort out what the heck you were talking about.

Jacob said...

Harrison set for annual cookoff

Marybeth Harrison released a statement earlier today regarding the second annual Moore Melt. Harrison claims she is "up to the challenge" and hopes to atone for her "heart breaking" 6th place finish. She goes on to state, "last year I was off my game," blaming an unfortunate turkey/peppermint schnapps mixture leading to the dreaded post-Thanksgiving tryptophan/ethanol overdose syndrome. Her only fear in 2010 is that the schedule will not favor her own holiday travels. "I'm arriving in Great Falls late on December 26th," she says, "I worry that my Melt opponents will try and push the date up out of fear of my dominance." Las Vegas odds makers have Harrison at 10-1.

One thing is certain this holiday season, cheese will be melted, laughs had, schnapps avoided, winners celebrated and losers ridiculed.

Jake Wingerter (freelance writer for Grilled Cheese Limited)

Jen said...

lots of big words to plow through (with some grammatical errors, but I will leave those to Nate). I won't be around for Thanksgiving, but will be in the area for Christmas, and since I am heading to Guam, my attendance at obligatory family gatherings will be few and far between over the next couple of years. that being said, i will not be volunteering for the committee but i will gladly lobby for the highest bidder.

mattandkelly said...

IT IS ON!!! Christmas food throw down sounds like a lot of fun. See you in Montana, y'all!

What if - now, I'm just throwing this out there - what if we had a Chili Cook-Off this go 'round, just to spice things up...

Peace (and bring it),
Kelly

P.S. For all those who attended the epic cousin weekend - Got to meet Tom (?), Alejandro's driver, at ND last weekend. He very graciously helped me remember how to shotgun a beer. What a guy and what a blast. I was named Mamma Daddypants the instant they figured out I was the wife of Uncle Daddypants.

Nateusmoore said...

That post blew my mind and thus no grammar lessons from me. I'm down to be on the committee as I probably have the most "fun" in me. I won't be able to participate in any grilling of cheese this year as the "Dark Side" has decided to have Navidad in Billings, MT. That is good news for DRay and MB as they'll have one less person to contend with as they try and go from worst to first.

Nateusmoore said...

PS I will be in Great Falls for TGiving, if anyone would like to have a non-sanctioned competition to prepare for upcoming Grilled Cheese Cook-Offs.

Johnny Piano said...

To Kelly: a chili cook-off might be a good idea, but many years ago we crowned Jimmy the chili king. He always made chili to go along with the Christmas-tree hunt. Even though it has been several years since we held the hunt, I see no reason to depose the king. Besides, the traveling trophy is clearly engraved, "Grilled Cheese Throwdown."

It seems that the when and where of this year's competition has not yet been thrown down. I suggest December 30 as the "when." I'll leave the "where" (Great Falls, Helena, or Missoula) up for discussion.

mary said...

I am offering the Wingerter kitchen for such cook off on Dec. 30th. What fun!

Mary

Nick said...

Yea I don't know where that verbal vommit came from. But I really believe we should form a committee first of volunteers, then democratically elected to decide some of these crucial family moments. While these holiday fun logistics are hashed out, we do not have to intermingle whens and wheres with the crucial banter that makes our family so great and loveable.
In other news, I would like to submit my own application for the grilled cheese title. It does not matter to me when or where. I'm just here to do my best and God willing maybe win a trophy!

Miranda said...

I think Big Sky would be the perfect location so you could all save me from my dark side. We're staying at a pretty sweet condo with a large, grilled cheese friendly kitchen. Think about it....

mattandkelly said...

All I want for Christmas is a panini press...

mattandkelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Briana said...

I am all for the Grill Cheese Throwdown to be held at Christmas where Peter can dominate the competition! I vote for Helena location as I am not sure we will be able to make it to Great Falls with all of our other obligations (joyful obligations)!
Additionally, I am totally down for being on a committee that promotes domestic tranquility and unity of the Moore Family.
Especially if I can thwart efforts to plan gatherings that exclude all of the lovely female cousins!

Desiree said...

As the loser of last year's grilled cheese competition, I am inclined to comment. Dinger, watch your back.